PDA

View Full Version : KiwiNZ has been where ?

KiwiNZ
February 9th, 2007, 12:42 AM
Hi friends

My presence has been a lot less to nearly nothing over the last few weeks.

As some of you know I have been confined to a wheel chair for a couple of years now. Well I decided that I have had enough of it and have been working on getting out of the thing.

So I have taken time out to try and do it

Its been very hard and I have made some progress and can manage to walk short distances ,( I have reached 10 meters) unaided.

Small steps start any journey. Put enough small steps together and you complete the journey.

I still have my target to do this http://www.cyclechallenge.com/ . Its the Taupo Challenge , 160KM cycle ride , very hard very hilly. But its my goal .

So I havent forgotten Ubuntu Forums and I am still passionately behind this fantastic Forum.

So please forgive my absence and I will be back to full speed soon

drfalkor
February 9th, 2007, 12:49 AM
God, people like you makes me smile - be strong ! I am very sure you will get out of the wheel chair someday, just dont let fear/toughts get controll over you ! :KS :)

some_random_noob
February 9th, 2007, 01:09 AM
YAY for KiwiNZ! :) Very few New Zealanders here :(

BWF89
February 9th, 2007, 01:13 AM
That's great, and yes I have noticed your being here less and less over the past few weeks.

If it's not too personal why are you in a wheelchair in the first place?

RAV TUX
February 9th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Hi friends

As some of you know I have been confined to a wheel chair for a couple of years now. Well I decided that I have had enough of it and have been working on getting out of the thing.

Its been very hard and I have made some progress and can manage to walk short distances ,( I have reached 10 meters) unaided.

Small steps start any journey. Put enough small steps together and you complete the journey.

I still have my target to do this http://www.cyclechallenge.com/ . Its the Taupo Challenge , 160KM cycle ride , very hard very hilly. But its my goal .

So I havent forgotten Ubuntu Forums and I am still passionately behind this fantastic Forum.

Awesome news Mike....your success is a true inspiration...all the best to you always:guitar:

panickedthumb
February 9th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Kiwi, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're one of the most amazing and inspirational people I've ever met.

MetalMusicAddict
February 9th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Speaking of "Where has "X" been?" panickedthumb. Man. You last posts were in September. :)

delfick
February 9th, 2007, 02:23 AM
good luck ! :D

ComplexNumber
February 9th, 2007, 02:29 AM
thats the best and only way to deal with it. take each day as it comes, but see each day as getting one step closer, no matter how small the improvement, to your goal.

bapoumba
February 9th, 2007, 02:53 AM
KiwiNZ, all my best to you :)

fuscia
February 9th, 2007, 02:58 AM
good for you, dude.

NewOldTimer
February 9th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Nice to meet you,
Determination knows no boundary's!!!
My Sister is Blind, yet she still see's more than I do.

jimrz
February 9th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Nice to meet you,
Determination knows no boundary's!!!
My Sister is Blind, yet she still see's more than I do.

rootin' for ya, buddy ... go get it

panickedthumb
February 9th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Speaking of "Where has "X" been?" panickedthumb. Man. You last posts were in September. :)
Has it really been that long? Yeah. Life got in the way of a lot of things. I'll explain in IM sometime if you wish.

Kateikyoushi
February 9th, 2007, 05:07 AM
As Ballmer used to say, keep coming and coming and coming...
I know he isn't the most welcome person on this forum but that seemes to work.
Good luck.

FyreBrand
February 9th, 2007, 06:57 AM
It's inspiring to hear such determination Kiwi. Thanks and congrats on the progress!

mips
February 9th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Hi friends

Well done, thats excellent !!!

May I ask why you have not tried this earlier, just out of curiosity ?

Tell you what, I'll promise not to complain about your lack of presence here if you promise to keep at it ;)

frodon
February 9th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Great news Kiwi, nothing is impossible when you have a strong will, congratulation =D>

matthew
February 9th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Kiwi, that's awesome. We are glad to see real life take precedence over us, especially when it means someone we love overcoming obstacles. We will enjoy seeing you when it's possible and we will be rooting for you when you aren't here, knowing what you are doing and why.

=D>

dvarsam
February 9th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Keep up the good work man!!!
... and the Spirit high!!!

prizrak
February 9th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Dude best of luck to you. It's great that you can walk now, even if it is for a little bit, I really hope you reach your goal.

teaker1s
February 10th, 2007, 02:27 AM
O:) :biggrin:

KiwiNZ
February 10th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks heaps folks for the kind thoughts , it means a lot :)