PDA

View Full Version : My New Program: Configuration Script Creator

Phatfiddler
February 8th, 2007, 11:05 PM
The project is currently under development and is due for release near the end of this month, but I have some initial screenshots so I may get some feedback from the community.

What it is

The program is called FigTree. It is aimed at gamers that want to run their own server, but are confused by the many different variables that have to be set. FigTree provides an easy-to-use interface that allows the user to choose the options they want, and then creates the configuration file required to run the sever.

Currently Supported Games
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.55
Wolf:ET with Jaymod Mod Pack
Wolf:ET with ETpub Mod Pack

Future Support
After the initial release of FigTree, I will add support for other games like Unreal, Armagetron etc.

Also, if there is enough interest, I will create a version specifically for system files, and fork the game version.

In Depth
The entire program is written in Python and uses glade files for the interface. I designed the scripts so that the user doesn't have to install any files or configure files for proper use. Place the FigTree folder anywhere on your computer, and run the setup.py script. The script verifies that you have the required python modules and creates a few configuration files. The script will then run FigTree for the first time. After setup, you can run the program by executing the "start" script, or link to it from your desktop.

MetalMusicAddict
February 8th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Cool. Nice to see another TriLUG'er. ;)