PDA

View Full Version : installing OWNS in ns2

swatkatzin
January 30th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Hi people..

I need some help regarding the installation of an add-on for ns2. OWNs or Optical Wavelength division Network Simulator.

I have Ubuntu 6.06 and am currently looking up help for installing ns2, and from my searches i find that it is possible to install ns2 in ubunutu.

I want to know if the add-on OWNS works too, cos i dont want take pains installing ns2 and then end up changing the entire OS for lack of support for the add-on

Please help.
Thanks

I had posted the same query in networking also wrongly...sorry for multi posting ...

an.echte.trilingue
January 30th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Post a link to it? The chances of running into somebody who knows this piece of software is kinda slim, but there are those of us who will see if it is installable just for fun...

swatkatzin
January 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply....These urls give info about the simulator(Add on)

The readme / install guide says it has been tested on red hat linux 7 and ns 2.1b6 and does not guarantee its functioning on other platforms.

But i like ubuntu too much to give up...hope you guys can help me

http://dawn.cs.umbc.edu/software/owns.html

Thanks so much:D :D

an.echte.trilingue
January 30th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Its gonna take me about three hours to download ns-2. I will get back with you in a bit.

Till later,
-mat

swatkatzin
January 31st, 2007, 02:57 AM
Thanks a million....will be waiting eagerly

an.echte.trilingue
February 1st, 2007, 11:49 AM
I could not get it to work. It does not work on ns-2.30 (built for ns2.1b6) and 2.1 does not install properly on my box.

Sorry.

-mat

swatkatzin
February 5th, 2007, 03:47 PM
thanks so much for the trouble....