PDA

View Full Version : Smilies Not Working Like They Should?

AgenT
May 16th, 2005, 05:35 PM
This is a minor gripe but for some strange reason some of the smilies offered in the reply/post windows do not show up properly when posted.

For example, the "smile"( :) )works as shown in the smilies window (and drop down box), but "dancing" (\\:D/) does not. It shows up fine in the reply window as well, but once posted it does not work as shown. Instead, one gets a "very happy" with \\ and / characters. Just wondering if this is just me or if everyone sees their smilies this way.

And if this is what everyone sees, would it be difficult to fix so that they show up as intended?

ebrowne
May 16th, 2005, 05:39 PM
\\:d/

Sam
May 16th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Also these one doesn't work:

=D> (the smiley clapping hands)
[-o< (the smiley praying)

benplaut
May 18th, 2005, 06:23 AM
tons of them dont work...

the whistling one just java's you to the top of the page, and the :???: is the same thing as the :? , but with ??: on the end...

the smilies on this forum are really messed up

AgenT
May 18th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Glad I am not the only one then! Phew! ;)

I wonder if any mod or someone else with magic forum powers will read this and see if they can fix it? Or at least reply so we know what is going on. :-\"

benplaut
June 4th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Glad I am not the only one then! Phew! ;)

I wonder if any mod or someone else with magic forum powers will read this and see if they can fix it? Or at least reply so we know what is going on. :-\"

BUMPY BUMPY BUMPY!!!

this can't be very hard to fix... and it's a pretty big problem...

please? at least someone notice?

kassetra
June 4th, 2005, 01:36 AM
this can't be very hard to fix... and it's a pretty big problem...

please? at least someone notice?

We've noticed. It's on the to-do list, but we have a few other things ahead of it, like say, keeping the access times for each of the pages under a minute. When we put the current forum fires out, we'll work on the smilies ok?

benplaut
June 4th, 2005, 01:37 AM
We've noticed. It's on the to-do list, but we have a few other things ahead of it, like say, keeping the access times for each of the pages under a minute. When we put the current forum fires out, we'll work on the smilies ok?

thanks... i've posted this a few times in the last few months, and nobody ever seemed to notice... glad it's on the list :)

(i'll quit pestering now)

kassetra
June 4th, 2005, 01:44 AM
thanks... i've posted this a few times in the last few months, and nobody ever seemed to notice... glad it's on the list :)

(i'll quit pestering now)

We've been concentrating on the stability, structure, and new sections. Hopefully soon we'll get to the smilies.

AgenT
June 4th, 2005, 03:06 PM
We've been concentrating on the stability, structure, and new sections. Hopefully soon we'll get to the smilies.

This is great news. Thank you for your reply, otherwise, no one would have known it was on your to-do list :)

And it is good to see that you guys are working on making these forums the best that they can be. Keep up the amazing job!