PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Feisty Herd2 20070125 i386 desktop

flamingandromeda
January 27th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I ran the short test on an install. I found what I thought are two issues. My problem now is I'm rather confused as to the proper process for posting my findings. Do I post here first then Launchpad...or go straight to Launchpad?

I am a first time tester...as in I've never tested anything before...and the only experience I have is using Ubuntu since the Breezy release - I am not a technical person. I've tried to read as much as I can and have only ended up confused.

Could some helpful soul out there please advise me as I wish to contribute but do it properly.

Thank you!

pochu
January 27th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Hi flamingandromeda!

The right place to report the issues you find is Launchpad (http://bugs.launchpad.net). You should go there and report bugs against ubuntu packages (if you don't know the package, do it against ubuntu (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug) itself).

But you can also post here the problems you've found. What you can do (and what I recommend you) is to report bugs in Launchpad, and then post here the links to the bugs. Doing that you let us to go to the bug reports and to help debugging them, confirming them...

Thanks for your testing, and welcome!
If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask me (you can post here, or send me a PM or an email).

Regards
Pochu

flamingandromeda
January 28th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Thank you very kindly Pochu for your reply!

I shall follow your advice...I'm looking forward to getting involved and seeing what the process requires...this is all very new to me.

pochu
January 28th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Hey flamingandromeda!

No problem :D You can look at the post-it in this subforum. There you will have some instructions. However, we are still planning the way to do things, so some of the things you can read now may change... But don't worry, that what can change is easy to learn. What you should learn is to test a machine and to make good reports in Launchpad ;)

Of course, if you need something, just ask it :)

Regards
Pochu