PDA

View Full Version : How to retrieve deleted files

HareBall
January 26th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Is there a way to retrieve deleted files? I deleted an email message and now would like to have it back. Any ideas](*,)

mysticrider92
January 26th, 2007, 10:44 PM
If you deleted it, chances are it was just moved to a folder, where you will have to delete it from there to completely wipe it. Depending on the email program, this should be in the menu to the left of the screen. If it was completely deleted, there is no way to retreive it (unless you have Mac OSX Leopord according to Apple).

HareBall
January 27th, 2007, 03:28 AM
If you deleted it, chances are it was just moved to a folder, where you will have to delete it from there to completely wipe it. Depending on the email program, this should be in the menu to the left of the screen. If it was completely deleted, there is no way to retreive it (unless you have Mac OSX Leopord according to Apple).

No offense, but I understand how things are deleted. In windoze you can use various programs to retrieve deleted files. Yes, even emails that have been deleted from your email program. I thought maybe there was some thing like this for Linux.
When you delete someting it isn't wiped off the drive it is just marked so it can be written over the next time the space is needed.

mysticrider92
January 29th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Oh, sorry. I don't know of any other way then. I didn't realize they had programs for Windows to do that.