PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Feisty Herd2 20070120 i386 dvd

Icarosaurus
January 23rd, 2007, 01:38 AM
Installed directly from live DVD in non partitioned space created with gnome partition editor

fscheck found something wrong on first reboot: problems corrected.
Add/Remove... crashed when desktop appeared for the first time.
Unable to set network interface eth0 addresses in the network settings window: seems to ignore changes, impossible to connect to the internet. /etc/network/interfaces remains unchanged.
Some menu items are in english, other are in italian (my language)

First impression: even faster than Edgy :)

UBfusion
January 23rd, 2007, 07:12 AM
First, I think that Herd2 is not the same as 20070120 - Herd2 is a specific previous day's build (20070111.3 ?) and not a family of builds, so please clarify what build you tested.

Since I have seen the same eth0 problem too in my pc (onboard gigabit) but have not attempted yet to install the latest builds, could you please provide hardware details (in case it actually was 20071120 - herd2 is already 'old'!)

Icarosaurus
January 23rd, 2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks for replying,
yes, it's build 20070120, I didn't know that calling it Herd2 is wrong, sorry.
I have to download a newer version, anyway, after surfing in the forum (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=340445&highlight=feisty+network), it seems that it's not a hardware-related problem...maybe they corrected the problem in newer builds.
My hardware works without any problem in Edgy and the related module seems to be loaded in the correct way in Feisty.

My hardware is an onboard nforce2 (Abit) lan controller.
See you!