PDA

View Full Version : Possible internship

zerhacke
January 16th, 2007, 02:04 AM
I'm disabled and work with a government agency that deals in helping disabled people obtain jobs. I'm nearly complete with the A+ classes they sent me to and have entered a new phase of the process, securing an internship with a company here in Cambridge.

At first I was going to intern with a well established company here in town, but that fell through somehow. I'm not sure how. My counselor person assigned to me just emailed me a couple hours ago that she's found a new and solid internship for me to do.

I don't think I should release the name of the business yet... I wanna get the owner's permission first. However, if it turns out right, I'll be interning with my Alcoholics Anonymous sponsor's son. I'm pretty sure he doesn't realize that his new intern is his father's sponsee.

He, the owner, came back to Cambridge after working a decade in Silicon Valley California so he has gotta know what he's doing. I've already looked over the company website which runs a fork of PHPNuke and other than some broken images it looks pretty well put together. The site advertises Linux/BSD/Unix support so I am pretty sure my ideas of holding an installfest or Ubuntu educational spots would go over fairly well.

Hooray! This is just one more step towards my goal of becoming a *Nix system administrator!

Hendrixski
January 16th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Congratulations! You look like you've put a lot of work into getting this far, there will be a lot of hard work ahead, but it will be very rewarding. Keep up the good work man.

zerhacke
January 16th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Haha, this is funny. I just got off the phone with the owner of the establishment I will be working for. The owner's father is my AA sponsor. I don't think the owner realizes this yet. He said my voice was familiar but couldn't place it.