PDA

View Full Version : Problems with partitions list with Feisty

domcio
January 16th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I have problems with installing Feisty herd2 alternate iso on my Toshiba Tecra A2. When it comes to partitioning there is no manual partitioning options, and partitions list with other options is very weird. There is no problem on 6.10.

Regards

pochu
January 16th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Please domcio, search for this bug at Launchpad, and if it hasn't been reported, do it.

Thanks for testing
Pochu

domcio
January 16th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Please domcio, search for this bug at Launchpad, and if it hasn't been reported, do it.

Thanks for testing
Pochu

Thanks Pochu, i just filled in a bug report #79490, unfortunately it went to Ubuntu instead of Ubuntu/Feisty. Should it work this way?

regards,
domcio

pochu
January 16th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks Pochu, i just filled in a bug report #79490, unfortunately it went to Ubuntu instead of Ubuntu/Feisty. Should it work this way?

regards,
domcio
Yes, that's fine.

I've seen your bug, but I've not confirmed it, because I don't have that problem :D

Regards
Pochu

P.D.: Thanks for your report!

domcio
January 16th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Yes, that's fine.

I've seen your bug, but I've not confirmed it, because I don't have that problem :D

Regards
Pochu

P.D.: Thanks for your report!

Is there a way to make a "screenshot" during ubuntu install?

Henrik
January 16th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Is there a way to make a "screenshot" during ubuntu install?

Yes. Pressing the PrtScr button should work. If you have a working network in the live session you can upload it here or in a bug report.

pochu
January 16th, 2007, 11:10 PM
But he is using the alternate CD. Does the PrintScreen work there?

Henrik
January 16th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Erm, no. Sorry my bad. It would work if you ran it in a virtual machine though. http://virtualbox.org/ works nicely.

domcio
January 17th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Erm, no. Sorry my bad. It would work if you ran it in a virtual machine though. http://virtualbox.org/ works nicely.

But in virtual machine you don't use a real HDD, do you? I'll try a Desktop CD and see if it works for me.

pochu
January 17th, 2007, 01:21 AM
You can take a photo!!! :D

domcio
January 17th, 2007, 10:56 PM
You can take a photo!!! :D

Yeah, I thought about it too ;) but for now i just did an dist-upgrade to Feisty from Edgy and it all went well, both fdisk and parted see partition list as they should.
I have also tried a desktop CD, but since it uses gparted everything is ok there, so it looks like there is a problem with partitioning only on alternate CD and netinst (they use the same packages, aren't they?)

regards,
domcio

pochu
January 17th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Then you should report a bug at Launchpad. Please do it if you haven't done it yet (first search for duplicates).

Thanks
Pochu

domcio
January 17th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Ok, so here are 3 photos of my laptop screen in attachment:
- feisty_part_01.jpg shows first screen during partitioning
- feisty_part_02.jpg shows screen after choosing cdrom-retreiver
- feisty_part_03.jpg shows screen after choosing "No" and then "Go back"

hope you like it ;) I've also completed my bug report.

pochu
January 18th, 2007, 12:02 AM
And where's the bug?

domcio
January 18th, 2007, 01:35 AM
And where's the bug?

here you go:

on 1'st screen there is no manual partitioning option though it's displayed that I can use that option (well description is not fully visible on this photo). What is this cdrom-retriever by the way - see results on 2'nd photo??

on 3'rd screen all partitions are displayed incorrectly, and if I don't see what system is going to do I won't take a risk.

when I run partman from installed version of Feisty or from Desktop CD terminal it looks ok (see next photo)

pochu
January 18th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Thanks, but I said where the bug report is :D

domcio
January 18th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks, but I said where the bug report is :D

OK, it was a little confusing :p , it's still the same bug report #79490, just added some comments. :cool:

pochu
January 18th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Ok, I didn't look again to the report. My fault.

Regards
Pochu