PDA

View Full Version : proper forum use

bkeithly
January 15th, 2007, 04:55 PM
How long should I wait for an answer to questions posted in the forums?

I have made 5 posts and not gotten a single answer on any of my questions.

I would like to repost in an area that might get more views.

Is this bad forum etiquette??

meng
January 15th, 2007, 05:05 PM
With respect, I can only find two threads that you have started that haven't received replies yet. You can't really expect to "hijack" someone else's thread and get an answer to your question. How long you should wait is a function of how difficult the question is to answer. That said, you have been patient and no-one would get upset if you reposted. Considering posting video problems in video section, networking problems in networking, or you could use the absolute beginner section (even if you're not really a beginner).

bkeithly
January 15th, 2007, 05:39 PM
True I have only started a few threads, with no responses. My fear is looking for answers to something that has already been posted. I try to score the forum in great detail to make sure I don't start a post on something that has already been discussed.

I have been using linux for years but I am really new to ubuntu. This OS is such a good desktop OS I can't bring myself to use anything else.

I think my biggest down fall is my laptop, it doesn't seem to play well with a lot of the drivers out there. This seems to lead me down a road of unusual problems.

Thanks for your quick response, I really do appreciate it. I think I might try to the absolute beginners section (I am not to proud to do that, and I am by no means an expert). Hopefully it is a more heavily trafficked section, which might lead to a push in the right direction as far as my questions getting solved!!!