PDA

View Full Version : Can't install .sh files

Kittens
January 14th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Every time I try to open a .sh file nothing happens. It asks me if I want to open in the terminal, or just open it. I have tried multiple times with both options and nothing at all happens.

Please someone help me. I love my new OS but things keep making me discouraged.

M_the_C
January 14th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Open a terminal and use cd to go to the directory which the file is in.

Then type:

sudo sh *filename*.sh

Kittens
January 14th, 2007, 10:59 PM
It tells me that there is no such file or directory when I enter the code.

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2539/actioncubeerrorwj6.png

P.S. My folder of alienarea2007 doesn't seem to need to be installed. The game opens automatically, but how can I move the folder to the location of the other games? It says I don't have the permission to do so.

M_the_C
January 14th, 2007, 11:33 PM
It tells me that there is no such file or directory when I enter the code.
It started straight away for me. I looked up libSDL and found I had got it installed. Try searching for libsdl with synaptic and check if it is installed, if not then install it and try again.

P.S. My folder of alienarea2007 doesn't seem to need to be installed. The game opens automatically, but how can I move the folder to the location of the other games? It says I don't have the permission to do so.
Press Alt-F2. In the box type:

gksudo nautilus /*destination*
Then just drag the file over.

Kittens
January 14th, 2007, 11:45 PM
It started straight away for me. I looked up libSDL and found I had got it installed. Try searching for libsdl with synaptic and check if it is installed, if not then install it and try again.

Press Alt-F2. In the box type:

gksudo nautilus /*destination*
Then just drag the file over.

There's lots and lots of packages with libsdl in them.

](*,)

M_the_C
January 14th, 2007, 11:48 PM
There's lots and lots of packages with libsdl in them.

](*,)
Sorry, forgot to check. On your screenshot it says libsdl-image so search for that, I only found two and one of them is a dev, which I don't think you need. So just install libsdl-image.

Kittens
January 15th, 2007, 12:54 AM
I had to install one more after that, but it did solve the problem. Thanks very much. :)