PDA

View Full Version : Are any of you from Pakistan

Coop
January 13th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Hello
Are any of you from Pakistan,and if so which city or part of it?
Please do not post jokes or objectionable content.
Regards Coop

Kernel Sanders
January 13th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Why would anyone post jokes or objectionable content? :-k

Coop
January 13th, 2007, 02:16 AM
Hello
Because when I asked if anyone saw the cartoon called Megas XLR someone joked they saw Elvis que in McDonalds.
Anyway,who over here comes from Pakistan?
I know there are people from Pakistan over here because sometimes I see Pakistan in their location.
Regards Coop

Lord de le Warr
January 17th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I am from Islamabad Pakistan.

Coop
January 18th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Hello Lord de le Warr
Actually,right now I'm living in Australia,but I keep Karachi,Pakistan as my location because it's my native country.
I want to ask you something:does your ISP work with Linux?and what ISP do you have?
When i was in Pakistan last year,my ISP refused to work with Linux,because they said it interferes with the internet.
Is there any truth to that?
And I've never actually used the internet on Linux in Pakistan.
I asked on Ubuntu Pakistan's mailing list what ISPs work with Linux,and they replied that Cybernet extreme (the DSL one) and Dancom work with Linux.
Ahmed

Lord de le Warr
January 22nd, 2007, 07:24 PM
uhhh, i have no idea. I am completely new to ubuntu and dont know much about computers yet. Also, i am living in Italy right now, but i am from pakistan and havent used linux there yet. So sorry. btw, do u like cricket?

PriceChild
January 22nd, 2007, 07:39 PM
I asked on Ubuntu Pakistan's mailing list what ISPs work with Linux,and they replied that Cybernet extreme (the DSL one) and Dancom work with Linux.Completely untrue.

I'm willing to bet most of the ISP's servers (if not all) are running linux.

laxmanb
January 22nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hmmm... I'm from India...

really feel like posting jokes/objectionable comments...

digTro
January 22nd, 2007, 08:33 PM

Why?

When i was in Pakistan last year,my ISP refused to work with Linux,because they said it interferes with the internet.
Is there any truth to that?

Does your ISP allow you to connect to Internet through their proprietary client installed in your machine?. Maybe they didn't have a client for Linux and that's why the excuse.

Jenda
January 22nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
See the wiki for the Ubuntu Pakistan Team.

Kernel Sanders
January 22nd, 2007, 10:31 PM

:rolleyes:

mips
January 22nd, 2007, 10:59 PM

Give it a break, we all know about the Pakistan / India issue. Maybe it would be better to spend energy on how to get along.

gupta_sumesh63
January 29th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I hope Musharraf doesn't take Linux as National Security issue and has banned it? He is in a habit of doing such things regularly.

PartisanEntity
January 29th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Please stay on topic. This thread is not about petty political arguments that never end and bore everyone.