PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Using Accordance in Ubuntu?

chaplanger
January 11th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Have any of you downloaded the .tar.gz for Accordance Bible software and run the Basilisk II Emulator under Linux? It is available from Accordance, but I'm having problems with my downloaded file not being able to open up.

If you are running Accordance, are you finding any limitations in Ubuntu? FYI for those not up to speed on Accordance -- it is The MAC Bible Software and runs in Windows under the Basilisk II emulator and is advertised as running in Linux under the emulator as well. It is a full-bodied commercial app that has many Bible translations and current Theological works available (Even Zondervan libraries). You can see its capabilities at http://www.accordancebible.com/

Thanks for any information you may have.

hudsonhauck
September 28th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I have accordance and I would love to use it in Ubuntu, but I cannot get Basilisk to work. =(

I would be very interested if someone is able to get this to work!

dvenuso
January 9th, 2008, 04:18 AM
I have tried desperately to get this to work, but Basilisk just won't go for me.

I was loving Ubuntu so much more than XP... but because of classes and work I need this program. So at least for now, I'm going to have to switch to XP and run Accordance through Basilisk there.