PDA

View Full Version : Can't login to the forum from my laptop [Resolved]

psi36
January 7th, 2007, 02:45 AM
I can't login to the forum from my laptop on which I've just installed Ubuntu 6.10. I get the login form in the top right, fill in login and password and get the logging in screen, but the next page I see the login screen again.

I can still login to the forum from my desktop (from which I'm writing this post), so it's not a problem with my account.

I'm using Firefox 2 and have set allow cookies for ubuntuforums.org in the Privacy Preferences.

I realy don't understand why I can't log in, other forums aren't a problem, not even notebookreview.com that also uses vBulletin. I really don't get it...

aysiu
January 7th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Does it work using a browser other than Firefox?

teaker1s
January 7th, 2007, 02:56 AM
could it be a cookie issue in firefox, I seem to remember the same issue on another forum and it turned out firefox blocked login cookie

rmjb
January 7th, 2007, 04:37 AM
I was also getting this problem, then I noticed I went to ubuntuforums.com. When I changed it to .org I was already logged in.

- rmjb

mikeym
January 7th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I just had exacly the same problem using my mac laptop and safari. Just switched to www.ubuntuforums.org and it worked - strange

psi36
January 7th, 2007, 06:09 PM
I was also getting this problem, then I noticed I went to ubuntuforums.com. When I changed it to .org I was already logged in.

- rmjb
Thanks!
That was it apparently!
Can't log in to ubuntuforums.com but no problem on ubuntuforums.org

NobleSavage
January 7th, 2007, 09:20 PM
This same issue has been driving me nuts forever. Sometimes I can login, sometimes I can't. It works now when I go to .org and not .com.

Might save others a lot of problems if it is noted that they have to use the .org for the login to work.