PDA

View Full Version : Get your custom Ubuntu at UbuntuLabs.com!

mhancoc7
January 3rd, 2007, 11:29 AM
I have just launched a new project.

Ubuntu Labs (http://www.ubuntulabs.com)

It is going to serve as a place for me to post misc Ubuntu projects that I am working on. I will also be offering custom Ubuntu builds for those who do not want to take the time to do it on their own.

I of course will also give information for those who would like to "roll their own (http://www.ubuntulabs.devubuntu.com/2006/12/roll-your-own.html)".

Jereme

Darrious
January 4th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Looks really nice. Hope to see some good progress in the future.

montgoej
January 4th, 2007, 05:00 AM
Apparently the re-direct server is down for both the Ubuntu CE and the Ubuntu Labs project sites. Sounds cool though I'll have to check it out tomorrow at school...if they don't block it. The block the CE site with reason "Sharewares download/religion" and the Ubuntuforums.org site with reason "Discussion forums", but it's Ok, I guess I'll have to just get back on task at school and do what I'm supposed to be doing ;)
God bless,
Jordan Montgomery

HareBall
January 4th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Apparently the re-direct server is down for both the Ubuntu CE and the Ubuntu Labs project sites. Sounds cool though I'll have to check it out tomorrow at school...if they don't block it. The block the CE site with reason "Sharewares download/religion" and the Ubuntuforums.org site with reason "Discussion forums", but it's Ok, I guess I'll have to just get back on task at school and do what I'm supposed to be doing ;)
God bless,
Jordan Montgomery
OK, I can see why they don't want downloads and also why they don't want you going to forums(well maybe). But why are they blocking religion? For a bunch of people that always tell us about freedom, isn't this taking away some of your freedom?:mad:

montgoej
January 4th, 2007, 11:37 PM
OK, I can see why they don't want downloads and also why they don't want you going to forums(well maybe). But why are they blocking religion? For a bunch of people that always tell us about freedom, isn't this taking away some of your freedom?:mad:
Actually, the company's website says that it blocks all sites about mainstream religions. IMHO, that is kinda discriminating cause people in the smaller religions can get to sites about theirs(I found one site about Witchcraft when looking for religious websites that get past the filter, but no Christian, Muslim or Buddhists sites so far...very interesting.
God bless,
Jordan Montgomery

dakotadare2b
January 5th, 2007, 06:00 AM
God bless,
Jordan Montgomery

If you use the second link Jereme provides, you will be able to get to the his ubuntulabs site.

God bless,
Randy