PDA

View Full Version : How to be informed about new messages in forums?

Zdravko
December 31st, 2006, 09:13 AM
Hi there!
I write often in some forums and would like to receive somehow an announcement for every change/new reply in a topic started by me/or where I wrote a topic. Most of the forums offer "subscribing to a thread", while every answer is sent back to my email. But I don't want to involve my e-mail! Isn't there another way (a software solution) to see links to all the threads in all forums, where someone added a reply to a topic of mine?
Happy new year, btw! :KS

Sef
December 31st, 2006, 09:21 AM
Doesn't look like it. Thought there was a way to have it sent as a private message, but I don't see it.

Zdravko
December 31st, 2006, 09:29 AM
My problem is that I participate in many forums. I am tired of visiting each of them and carefully looking for topics I wrote something... It just consumes my time.

RAV TUX
December 31st, 2006, 10:15 AM
I usually just select userCP...and all the subscribed to threads are there....you could set up a dedicated email for ubuntuforums.org subscription threads...there are plenty of free email options out there...

*moving to the forum discussion board*

Zdravko
December 31st, 2006, 03:35 PM
I am thinking of adding a filter and label in gmail for forums. Is there a common way to filter messages from the forum?

PriceChild
December 31st, 2006, 03:48 PM
You could maybe turn off email notification.

Subscribe to whatever posts you want to, and then http://ubuntuforums.org/usercp.php will always show the threads with new posts in them.