PDA

View Full Version : Feisty Release Party

Vorian
December 30th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Where and when?

FeistyReleaseParties (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeistyReleaseParties?action=fullsearch&value=linkto%3A%22FeistyReleaseParties%22&context=180)

Once Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) is out, there will be plenty to celebrate, whether you were directly involved the release process or just rejoice because the next iteration of the best Distribution is finally out.
April 19, 2007 is the tentative date for Ubuntu 7.04. Many parties will be on this date, or you can pick your own date! Go ahead and put down your favorite pub, park or cafe and celebrate getting Edgy out of the door!
This page is changing frequently so check back quickly! If you are posting pics to your own gallery, please link them along with your entry. If you are posting on flickr, then please tag them with at least an "ubuntu" tag so they show up on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/htdocs/ubuntu/img/u-www.png The Fridge (http://fridge.ubuntu.com/).
Confirmed Parties

If you plan to get a party going in your area, you should advertise the place and time here.

North America

United States

Colorado

Apr 20th @ 18h00 - The Colorado LoCo Team (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ColoradoTeam)'s Release Party, Apr 20th. 18:00 - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/htdocs/ubuntu/img/u-www.png Falling Rock Tap House (http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/) (basement), Denver
Proposals/Discussion

If you're still in the process of organizing something and want a call for discussion, put that there. If you see something here in your area, you probably already have enough people for a meet-up so finalize it!

hackle577
December 30th, 2006, 10:10 PM
A party would be sweet, especially if we could all get together in one place. I'll probably be away at school, but if it's on a weekend I should be able to get away.

Vorian
December 30th, 2006, 11:03 PM
A party would be sweet, especially if we could all get together in one place. I'll probably be away at school, but if it's on a weekend I should be able to get away.

I agree, having the release party in one location would be nice.

April 20th is a Friday, so it could be either the 20th or 21st.:D

_lynX
December 31st, 2006, 08:18 AM
It would be nice to have it somewhere central. Columbus?

Vorian
December 31st, 2006, 01:42 PM
It would be nice to have it somewhere central. Columbus?

Columbus! It doesn't get much more central than that.:mrgreen:

jpeddicord
December 31st, 2006, 05:51 PM
A release party would be awesome. A Sat/Sun date would work best for most probably. Columbus would also be great. :D

PWill
December 31st, 2006, 10:06 PM
Columbus is good. Central to everyone.
I live in Columbus, so I could look around for a cool place to have it. I was thinking a restaurant/pub since everyone will want to eat, and some will want to drink. If anyone else in Columbus has any suggestions, keep in mind we have people (including myself) under 18, so it has to be an all ages place.
When Dapper came out, Scott Merrill (skippy) organized a release party at a BW3 that had free Wi-Fi. That's a possibility.

hackle577
December 31st, 2006, 11:14 PM
keep in mind we have people (including myself) under 18, so it has to be an all ages place.

Good idea. I will still be under 21, so no booze for me.

_lynX
December 31st, 2006, 11:26 PM
keep in mind we have people (including myself) under 18, so it has to be an all ages place.

Chuck E. Cheese's? ^_^

hackle577
December 31st, 2006, 11:29 PM
Chuck E. Cheese's? ^_^
har har

PWill
January 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM
Chuck E. Cheese's? ^_^
Do you know how sweet that would be? Walking into Chuck-E-Cheeses with our laptops and a router, and asking to hook up the router to their modem? Oh man. We totally need to do that.

Vorian
January 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM
For Feisty, it has been decided to have local parties.

List towns where you plan on a party,

1. Columbus, Easton Town Center for Central Ohio

hackle577
January 4th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I will also be partying it up in Easton Town Center, woot!

Vorian
January 5th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Three locations so far

1. Columbus, Easton Town Center for Central Ohio
2. Mansfield, Thanks Michael
3. NE Ohio, Dans working on location

jpeddicord
January 5th, 2007, 03:10 AM
Oh how fun it will be at Easton. I can picture it now: advocating Ubuntu right next to the Dell booth.

Anyone know of any Microsoft stores there? :twisted:

hackle577
January 5th, 2007, 05:32 AM
There is an Apple Store there.

_lynX
January 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I suppose we'll try and set up a spot for Cincinnati. Any Cincinnati folks have any suggestions as to places?

Vorian
January 6th, 2007, 12:15 AM
I suppose we'll try and set up a spot for Cincinnati. Any Cincinnati folks have any suggestions as to places?

Hey _lynX! What about downtown near the stadium?

PWill
January 6th, 2007, 11:51 AM
There is an Apple Store there.
Even better...
:twisted:
We're gonna Ubuntu Apple!

_lynX
January 7th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Hey _lynX! What about downtown near the stadium?

There's not a whole lot in actual Cincinnati. Would it be a big deal if we were to meet across the river in Newport? It's technically Kentucky (though still part of Greater Cincinnati), but that's the best central location I can think of that actually has plenty of stuff to do/places to meet at.

Vorian
January 7th, 2007, 05:05 AM
There's not a whole lot in actual Cincinnati. Would it be a big deal if we were to meet across the river in Newport? It's technically Kentucky (though still part of Greater Cincinnati), but that's the best central location I can think of that actually has plenty of stuff to do/places to meet at.
That would be cool... ;)

Delvien
January 20th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Easton town center is right down the road from me, this would be awesome !

Vorian
January 21st, 2007, 07:34 PM
Easton town center is right down the road from me, this would be awesome !

Alright! Easton it is!

zerhacke
January 21st, 2007, 09:36 PM
Working on signing out the large Meeting Room in the new Cambridge library. Free wireless, which I can reroute to a hardwired connect, and plenty of space.

Should know something by Wednesday.

seanUSXIII
January 23rd, 2007, 03:01 AM
Anyone else near Youngstown?? :D

meatballhat
January 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Does one consider Youngstown to be close to Akron and Cleveland? :wink:

Bite_me_Bill
January 24th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Anyone else near Youngstown?? :D
Halfway between Akron and Y-Town here. In the Lake Milton area.

PWill
March 5th, 2007, 08:20 AM
6.5 weeks 'till release. Should we get some ideas set in stone soon?

TheIdiotThatIsMe
March 5th, 2007, 09:06 AM
6.5 weeks 'till release. Should we get some ideas set in stone soon?

Yes, I think we need to discuss this in depth this Wednesday.

PS I'm from near Youngstown (Boardman), and would love to have one!

Vorian
March 5th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Great!

Lets hammer it out on Wednesday then :)

lyceum
March 5th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Oh how fun it will be at Easton. I can picture it now: advocating Ubuntu right next to the Dell booth.

Anyone know of any Microsoft stores there? :twisted:

There is a Compusa there as well. I live right by Easton, there are some great places to eat and hang out there, but parking is really bad, just FYI.

o0splitpaw0o
March 6th, 2007, 04:31 AM
I'm always broke of the broke broke.... uh... broke. So hmm... hmmmm...

I'll arrange a carpool with some people here.:)

RAdams
March 7th, 2007, 07:12 PM
So are Cincinnatians doing our own thing or making a pilgrimage to Columbus?