PDA

View Full Version : smtp for ubuntu

michie86
December 29th, 2006, 03:19 PM
i don't know if this is the right place for this post but i'm kinda desperate.. i feel like crying coz i think i can't finish my project on tym :( i wish i can

here's my problem.. does anyone know where i can get a free smtp server for ubuntu? or is it built-in in ubuntu? there is this web application which can email using smtp but the problem is it was created in windows and the smtp server which was used is good for windows only.. i need to do revisions in the said web-application and i'm doing it in ubuntu. i need to maintain the email functionality so i need smtp for ubuntu.. sorry if my questions are rubbish but i don't know much about linux and i really need to work on my project as the deadline is soon..

uhmm.. the web application accepts a post then answers the post through email using the email address of the one who posted..

thanks

gpolo
December 29th, 2006, 03:24 PM
your installation probably has postfix, just configure sendmail tags in your php.ini and you will be fine ;)

edit:
well, i dont know what is your web-application, i supposed it was done with php but I dont know. But ubuntu has postfix anyways, that is what you want =)

michie86
December 30th, 2006, 08:40 AM
so you mean i don't need to install smtp? if so then i think that's great :)

yes i'm using php.. im using xampp for linux.. thanks! i'll try what u said and do a little research too.. :)