PDA

View Full Version : Forum display options?

2CV67
December 28th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Hello forum people, & thanks for your nice forum!
I am more-or-less living here at the moment...

Currently, my forum thread-list pages display as 20 items per page, with every page starting with the stickies & in some cases other baggage like sub-forums etc.
This slows down leafing through long forums - which I do a lot...

Are there any user-convenience options (I looked several times but didn't find any yet...) where I could specify more items per page &/or not display stickies after the lead page etc etc?

Same question for when I am inside threads - can I choose to scroll down all posts, instead of clicking through pages?
I found the threaded & hybrid modes inside threads, but I guess this is mainly useful for working inside the thread, not for initial scanning.

Not vitally important, but would improve my 'customer satisfaction' - if non-paying happy users can be counted as 'customers' :D

Thanks guys!

PriceChild
December 28th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Stickies are there for a reason- they're important, please read.

matthew
December 28th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Click the Forum FAQ link in my signature to get you started. :)

2CV67
December 28th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Yes, of course, and I do - but you are not suggesting I re-read them every time I turn the page?? ;)

I think it would be enough if I saw them when I arrive in any particular forum, or once a day, or each time I log in, or... but not every page.

Surely the best compromise is to have them at the top of the first page, but not the subsequent pages?

Do I assume there are, in fact, no options then?

Thanks! :)

2CV67
December 28th, 2006, 08:04 PM
My reply #4 was to pricechild, of course - they crossed in the mail.

Matthew:
I had already looked through the FAQ but did not & still do not, see anything about selecting screen display options.

Is there anything?

matthew
December 28th, 2006, 08:15 PM
My reply #4 was to pricechild, of course - they crossed in the mail.

Matthew:
I had already looked through the FAQ but did not & still do not, see anything about selecting screen display options.

Is there anything?
There is. You can click on the User CP link that is on each page (and here: http://ubuntuforums.org/usercp.php ) to access the User Control Panel.

On the left of that page you will find many options to choose from. I suggest first looking at "Edit Options" and scrolling down to see some of what are available, like "Number of posts to display per page." :)

2CV67
December 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM
AHA!!! :D

I looked at User CP weeks ago, but when it opened it looked like some kind of disused forum page:
"New Subscribed Threads: (0)
There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period."....

I even clicked on Edit options, but only found some gray stuff about Use Invisible Mode & Allow vCard Download so I didn't think that was what I was looking for.

I went back there after your post & still thought it was wrong until I re-re-read your post & scrolled right down....

It really does not look like a control panel.

Anyway - the result is just what I was looking for (at a glance) so I can go back to 'work' happy. :D

Thanks very much!