PDA

View Full Version : Email notification on forum doesn't work.

shane2peru
December 8th, 2006, 06:18 PM
I used to get email notification when someone replied to a thread that I was subscribed to. However my email had lots of problems, my domain name was hacked, and controlled by subdomains. I'm sure that is why it quit working. I have a new email address and have put it my profile, however I still don't get email notification. I'm subscribed to get instant notification, and don't get it? What needs reset, or what can I do?

Thanks.
Shane

aysiu
December 8th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I've moved this to Forum Feedback & Help.

shane2peru
December 8th, 2006, 08:51 PM
ahh, that sounds like a better place. I didn't realize such a place existed. Thanks.

Shane

shane2peru
December 10th, 2006, 04:37 AM
^ Does anyone have any ideas??? ^

shane2peru
December 12th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Hello? ? ? Does anyone work here?

PriceChild
December 12th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Hello? ? ? Does anyone work here?No-one works here sorry.

We're all volunteers.

Please be patient, there are several very pressing discussions taking place currently and I'm sure an admin will be along to assist you asap.

ubuntu-geek
December 12th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Hi, I am currently trying to troubleshoot this between all the other forum stuff going on right now. So far I cant reproduce anything. I will follow up shortly.

shane2peru
December 13th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you! Just to know someone is 'working' on it is helpful I understand the volunteer thing, but that doesn't mean you don't work. :D It is most annoying to me to have to check in and see if there have been replies, so I appreciate your help! Thanks.

Shane

shane2peru
December 23rd, 2006, 08:50 PM
bump

shane2peru
January 17th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Thank you!!! I got emails from Ubuntu Site about 10 of them on the topics I'm subscribed too!!! That is great. I don't want to say it is working, but we are making progress. Thank you (however you are!) :-D

Shane

Dominicus
January 17th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Ditto here.

I've got same problem. I haven't received any subscription notifications from my posts since I joined this forum...got a couple threads which I subscribe with "instant" notification, but mostly the subscription just works as a sort of bookmark.

To see if anyone replied, I come back, click QuickLinks>Subscribed Threads...and check to see if anyone replied.

On a separate note:

I've also noticed the "done with errors" flag is on constantly while navigating the forum (like right now). I have IE6-SP2 browser and the error reads someting like "Line35/Char1/Error:ObjectExpected/Code:0/URL:http://ubuntuforums.org/newreply.php?do=newreply$noquote=1&p=xxxxx"

Cheers!Dominicus

shane2peru
January 25th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Well it worked for a day or two, and now it doesn't again. :confused: Maybe you could re-do whatever it was that you did to get it to work. Keep up the good work whoever you are working on this. I for one (and I'm sure others) appreciate the hard work!

Shane

juanhunglow
March 8th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Well it worked for a day or two, and now it doesn't again. :confused: Maybe you could re-do whatever it was that you did to get it to work. Keep up the good work whoever you are working on this. I for one (and I'm sure others) appreciate the hard work!

Shane

This is also not working for me on any of my subscribed threads, whether I posted or created the thread, no difference.

*bump*

FakeOutdoorsman
March 27th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Perhaps some ISPs may block messages from this site due to the lack of postmaster@ubuntuforums.org and abuse@ubuntuforums.org. Also the SPF Record is missing. To be RFC compliant mailservers must accept postmaster. Refer to dnsreport.com (http://www.dnsreport.com/) and rfc-ignorant.org (http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/) for details.

shane2peru
March 28th, 2007, 02:03 AM
It seems to be working again!!! Thanks for the work you guys did to get it working again!!! See, you do work here, even if it is on a voluntary basis, it is still work! :) I appreciate it.

Shane

juanhunglow
March 28th, 2007, 11:49 AM
It seems to be working again!!! Thanks for the work you guys did to get it working again!!! See, you do work here, even if it is on a voluntary basis, it is still work! :) I appreciate it.

Shane

This is also working for me now.