PDA

View Full Version : kdevelop 3.2 problems

philstovell
May 3rd, 2005, 05:39 PM
I've installed all the kdevelop3 packages, fired it up and tried to compile a simple hello world program, from the automatically generated source code. When I click build, a dialog asks me to run automake & friends and configure first. I click yes, and it then comes up with the error: aclocal: configure.in: 8: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library.

Here's the whole contents of the output:

cd '/home/phil/src/hello' && WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1" WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_6="1" make -f Makefile.cvs && mkdir '/home/phil/src/hello/debug' && cd '/home/phil/src/hello/debug' && CXXFLAGS="-O0 -g3" "/home/phil/src/hello/configure" --enable-debug=full && cd '/home/phil/src/hello/debug' && WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1" WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_6="1" make -k
aclocal
aclocal: configure.in: 8: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
make: *** [all] Error 1
*** Exited with status: 2 ***

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers, Phil.

rhys
May 3rd, 2005, 08:05 PM
I've installed all the kdevelop3 packages, fired it up and tried to compile a simple hello world program, from the automatically generated source code. When I click build, a dialog asks me to run automake & friends and configure first. I click yes, and it then comes up with the error: aclocal: configure.in: 8: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library.

Here's the whole contents of the output:

cd '/home/phil/src/hello' && WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1" WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_6="1" make -f Makefile.cvs && mkdir '/home/phil/src/hello/debug' && cd '/home/phil/src/hello/debug' && CXXFLAGS="-O0 -g3" "/home/phil/src/hello/configure" --enable-debug=full && cd '/home/phil/src/hello/debug' && WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1" WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_6="1" make -k
aclocal
aclocal: configure.in: 8: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
make: *** [all] Error 1
*** Exited with status: 2 ***

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers, Phil.
Go into Synaptic and download libtool :)

philstovell
May 4th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Go into Synaptic and download libtool :)
Yes, installing libtool was the solution. Thanks very much for your help.

Lord Illidan
July 9th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks, this worked for me too!!

matomem
July 17th, 2005, 05:38 PM
\\:D/ under construction

Biased turkey
September 27th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Thanks a lot for the info rhys, installing libtool worked for me too.
Shouldn't apt-get install automatically install libtool when required to install kdevelop3.2 ?
I thought that by installing Ubuntu I would be free forever of packages dependency hell :)

mpx
November 1st, 2005, 01:23 AM
I'm facing the same problem after upgrading to Breezy Badger.

Using syaptic update manager, when I try to mark libtool for installation, a dialog comes up with the following error:

libtool:
Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or libc-dev

And when I try to install libc I get the following error:

libc6-dev:
Depends: libc6 (=2.3.5-1ubuntu12) but 2.3.5-4 is to be installed

Please help. Thanks.