PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Converting to CE

heavenbound254
December 5th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Hi, I am new to Ubuntu forums, and I stumbled across Ubuntu CE and decided I wanted to convert to it. I downloaded the file for converting to CE 2.0, because I am already using edgy. When I try to run the conversion script, it says that it is going to convert, then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?? I am a newbie when it comes to Ubuntu, and have only been using it for a couple of months, so any help would be appreciated :)

Darrious
December 5th, 2006, 12:56 AM
I had the very same problem when I tried the conversion script also. Then I realized something. It was making changes to my system. I just did not see it. I think that it is better to run it in the terminal to where you know what is going on.

It will tell you when it is done. It comes up saying that you need to restart your system, or something like that. I would go into the terminal and run it, or you can just double click on it, type in the password, and do it that way. I would prefer the terminal though.

mhancoc7
December 5th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Hi, I am new to Ubuntu forums, and I stumbled across Ubuntu CE and decided I wanted to convert to it. I downloaded the file for converting to CE 2.0, because I am already using edgy. When I try to run the conversion script, it says that it is going to convert, then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?? I am a newbie when it comes to Ubuntu, and have only been using it for a couple of months, so any help would be appreciated :)

It sounds like you are not running the script for the Terminal. You can simply double click the convert_me file and then choose 'Run in Terminal'. Let me know if you any other questions.

Jereme