PDA

View Full Version : Signature question

Somenoob
December 2nd, 2006, 05:36 AM
I have noticed that a lot of board members use their signature for political and/or religious propaganda, is that allowed?

Peyton
December 2nd, 2006, 05:41 AM
I don't see why not. One has the right to an opinion.

23meg
December 2nd, 2006, 05:41 AM
It should be, as long as the content fits in the forum policy.

From the guidelines:

# Forum signatures have a few rules they are as follows: No Images, limited to three lines of text, 10pt maximum font size. Signatures are also not a place for inappropriate material such as flaming, slandering, harassment or religious remarks.

~LoKe
December 2nd, 2006, 05:46 AM
I don't see why not. One has the right to an opinion.

You can have an opinion without forcing it on others.

23meg
December 2nd, 2006, 05:58 AM
You can have an opinion without forcing it on others.Is announcing your opinion forcing it on others?

Sure, when it's in a signature, you kind of force people to see it, since it's displayed on their screen every time they view a thread in which you've posted, but how is that different from people wearing t-shirts with political messages on them on the streets? You're forced to see it, not believe it. It's up to you to filter it.

RAV TUX
December 2nd, 2006, 05:59 AM
It should be, as long as the content fits in the forum policy.

From the guidelines:

Quote:
# Forum signatures have a few rules they are as follows: No Images, limited to three lines of text, 10pt maximum font size. Signatures are also not a place for inappropriate material such as flaming, slandering, harassment or religious remarks.

I will say that the forum signature policy was and is constantly being reviewed by staff (Mods & Admins)...it is also important that the links do not lead to offensive material (Sites, Forums, Pop-ups, etc)

If anybody here finds a signature that is questionable or outright offensive, or a link that leads to a site that is not family friendly or professional please use the report post button to bring the signature in question for review by the staff.

We will act quickly and appropiately against offensive material &/or links in the signature.

(PS: staff are allowed an image or gif in the signature)

BWF89
December 2nd, 2006, 05:59 AM
About religious remarks. If something is quoted from the bible or <insert_religious_book> can it be used if it's not religious in nature?

Example:
Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
Leviticus 19-15

aysiu
December 2nd, 2006, 06:01 AM
I've moved this thread to the forum feedback and help section.

RAV TUX
December 2nd, 2006, 06:05 AM
I've moved this thread to the forum feedback and help section.
Thanks aysui;);)

also note that all members have the option to turn the signatures off...go to user CP>Edit Options>disable/enable "Show Signatures"

matthew
December 2nd, 2006, 09:39 AM
About religious remarks. If something is quoted from the bible or <insert_religious_book> can it be used if it's not religious in nature?

Example:
Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour.
Leviticus 19-15That should be fine.

The main reason for the inclusion of "religious remarks" in the list was to prevent the sort of things that a zealot might use to demean or insult someone who doesn't believe the same thing that he does. That happens very rarely in these forums and we take quick action when it does happen (and we know about it...).