PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the new theme

mssever
November 28th, 2006, 03:08 AM
I'm using the new theme right now, and overall I like it better than the previous one. However, there are two things that I don't like:
The welcome box in the upper right hand corner of every page is too attention-grabbing/distracting. Perhaps it should use more subtle colors. That info is a lot less useful than most of the rest of the stuff on the page.
Links. Usability studies have shown time and again that links should be blue and underlined. Since this forum's audience is more computer-literate than most, I'm sure there is room to fudge a bit (and blue links just wouldn't fit the color scheme). But they still should be distinct and obvious in some way, and preferably underlined. However, in the new theme, many links are identical to the surrounding text, which means that you won't recognize a link until you point at it (assuming you know to point at it). I'm thinking especially of signature links and many of the links on index pages.PS: Thanks for making [code] blocks use a monospaced font!