PDA

View Full Version : mintlinux 2.0 convert me script

deano
November 24th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Hi

in case your interested, I've successfully installed mint linux and then used the convert me script without any issues and all is working fine :mrgreen:

cheers
deano

mhancoc7
November 25th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Thanks for letting us know. It is nice to hear from users using the scripts to see if things work or not.
God Bless, Jereme

Darrious
November 25th, 2006, 04:30 PM
What exactly is mintlinux?

doobit
November 25th, 2006, 10:04 PM
What exactly is mintlinux?

Mint is Ubuntu with all of the most necessary "non-free" free stuff already included. It has java, flash, ms32codecs, fonts, etc.
They also used a different default theme that they thought looked nicer thatn Ubuntu's.

Darrious
November 25th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Oh.

Where exactly can I find the convert script.

doobit
November 25th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Oh.

Where exactly can I find the convert script.

http://www.whatwouldjesusdownload.com/christianubuntu/2006/07/convert-to-latest-version-of-ubuntu.html

Darrious
November 25th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I already knew about that.

I meant for mintlinux.

doobit
November 25th, 2006, 10:58 PM
I think it's the same thing since Mint is just a repackaged Ubuntu.

Darrious
November 26th, 2006, 04:13 AM
I don't want a script to convert for CE.
I want one for Mint Linux.

Where can I find one?

doobit
November 26th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Are you saying you want to convert to Mint?
All that takes is Automatix2 (which is also included in CE.)
Just select the options for w32codecs and DVD codecs, java, Flash, and then change your desktop theme to "Mostly Crystal" with the blue background, and use Rodent as your icon theme.

thibeaz
November 26th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Or just use Ubuntu Multimedia Center :D I would give you the download link but my mirror is still not setup (because of some administrators being slack in sending me ftp login and space when they say they can mirror for me) it is basically the same thing but my goal is a little different. I am hoping to make it into a Multimedia Center like what Windows Media Center has but Ubunutufied. (hmmmI wonder if that script would work with Freespire. It is debian based and maybe the only thing needed changed is the sources list)

Darrious
November 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I hope you get the download link up soon.

thibeaz
November 26th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I hope so too.

thibeaz
November 26th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Great news new site launched and iso is being uploaded. http://ubuntumc.ulmb.com and enough about me back to topic. I tried the script in freespire after changing the sources list and it worked so I guess you can say I have freebuntu :D

Darrious
November 26th, 2006, 10:30 PM
For some reason your site does not work fully. I click on download and it says the server is not found when I go there.

thibeaz
November 26th, 2006, 10:31 PM
it's still a work in progress at the moment

Darrious
November 26th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Is there a script that you can attach here that converts your Ubuntu to Ubuntu MC (multimedia-center).

I'd rather not download an ISO.

thibeaz
November 27th, 2006, 02:01 AM
not at the moment as I know very little of shell scripting but if I take a look at Mhancoc7's script I may be able to get an idea on what to do.

Vietman
August 15th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I tried installing the latest ubuntu ce on mint, but it doesn't do anything except install the programs...it would be nice to have the full convertme working for it without any tweaking...

RevJack
August 15th, 2009, 10:14 AM
That script was for an older version of LinuxMint from 3 years ago, so it is not unexpected that it would not do much on the current LinuxMint which is based on Ubuntu 9.04. The ConvertMe script will most likely need to be modified if not re-written.

david_kt
August 15th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I tried installing the latest ubuntu ce on mint, but it doesn't do anything except install the programs...it would be nice to have the full convertme working for it without any tweaking...

The usplash and sound should be converted already. Only left the desktop background and gdm login.

For the menu and bars, I do not know ow to do it automatically yet.

DK