PDA

View Full Version : Compiling the latest Edbrowse on Edgy

benjaminhawkeslewis
November 24th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Can anyone work out how to compile the latest version of Edbrowse (3.1.3), a customization of Ed to create a complete audio desktop complete with JavaScript-enabled web browser, on Ubuntu Edgy? I installed the SpiderMonkey JavaScript library from source in /opt/edbrowse but I couldn't get Edbrowse itself to compile.

The Edbrowse homepage is at:

http://www.eklhad.net/linux/app/

No matter what I do, I always get the same errors out of make:

jsdom.c:673: error: storage class specified for parameter ‘initScript’
jsdom.c:673: error: parameter ‘initScript’ is initialized
jsdom.c:717: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
jsdom.c:918: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
jsdom.c:925: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
jsdom.c:953: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
jsdom.c:970: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
jsdom.c:990: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘{’ token
jsdom.c:1087: error: old-style parameter declarations in prototyped function definition
jsdom.c:19: error: parameter name omitted
jsdom.c:1087: error: expected ‘{’ at end of input
make: *** [jsdom.o] Error 1

kd7swh
December 6th, 2006, 06:08 AM
I know you most likely want the 3.13 version but did you try the binary version of 2.2.10.

did it run?

do you have a gcc log of the source you tried to compile?

benjaminhawkeslewis
December 11th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I didn't try the version in the repositories. It wouldn't be very enlightening since in version 2 the developer was trying to create his own JavaScript implementation and in version 3 he gave up and started using SpiderMonkey, and the compilation problems appear to be related to that library. When you say a "gcc log" do you mean you'd like to see the entire output of make rather than the fragment from the end that I provided?