PDA

View Full Version : Submitting HOWTO's

stalefries
November 22nd, 2006, 11:38 PM
I've submitted a handful of HOWTO's in my career:), and never have I known (until today, when I visited #ubuntuforums) that the HOWTO's were screened before being posted. I think this should be a little more transparent. Perhaps, after hitting Submit, the submitter should be notified of this policy, or something. Or perhaps a sort of sticky regarding this. At least something.

Offtopic: The New Thread could be a little more visible too :).

John.Michael.Kane
November 23rd, 2006, 12:48 AM
The howto's are screened to make sure that what is being posted is in fact a howto.

People have posted threads asking for help with things other then the guides listed there thus the need for the screen,and this method allows for the odd threads to be place in their respective sections.

PriceChild
November 23rd, 2006, 02:15 AM
The howto's are screened to make sure that what is being posted is in fact a howto.

People have posted threads asking for help with things other then the guides listed there thus the need for the screen,and this method allows for the odd threads to be place in their respective sections.Its just that we can't see a place where this is explained to users...