PDA

View Full Version : gtk+ 2.4 or better

ms.deidre
November 20th, 2006, 10:19 PM
i want to install this, compile it myself but it means installing glib 2.4 or better which conflicts with glib 2.14 that is installed by ubuntu that i can't uninstall from ubuntu. the conflict is with the pck-config-path that i don't know how to alter or what to alter it to exactly. it seems the easiest thing is to uninstall glib 2.14 but the packagemanger won't let me due to a need to fix broken pacages first, which i don't know how to do. someone please help. thanks!

-Deidre

toojays
November 21st, 2006, 11:17 AM
glib 2.14 is newer than glib 2.4. I think the problem you are having is that you haven't installed the libglib2.0-dev package.

ms.deidre
November 22nd, 2006, 04:33 PM
would that keep the freeciv on ubuntu's server from playing sounds too? the reason i wanted to compile a newer version is the lack of sound. i installed all, every gstreamer i could. my sound works fine with other games but just not the freeciv on ubuntu's server, accessible with synaptic.

ms.deidre
November 22nd, 2006, 04:36 PM
actually i do have that installed. ubuntu hates freeciv i think. maybe it's a microsoft plot to keep me using their crap?

ms.deidre
November 24th, 2006, 12:44 AM
anyone is welcome to chime in with an idea!