PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu CE v2.0 (Edgy) preview!

mhancoc7
November 20th, 2006, 12:30 PM
I have been working very hard on Ubuntu CE v2.0 (Edgy). The iso has been built and now I just need to test it and finish and test the convert script to accompany it.

Ubuntu CE v2.0 will have all of the same features as Ubuntu CE v1.x (Dapper). It is of course based on Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy Eft. It also features the new gVerse program that was built by xfceslacker (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=113655) for Ubuntu CE. It replaces the verse program that was used for the Daily Bible Verse feature.

I have attached a screenshot of what will probably be the initial release of Ubuntu CE v2.0 (Edgy).

Ubuntu CE v1.x (Dapper) will continue to be developed. However, it will only be upgraded with bug fixes and new updates to the Ubuntu CE Installer and the Dansguardian GUI. Ubuntu CE v2.x (Edgy) will be the focus of all new development until the final release of Feisty Fawn. Then Ubuntu CE v3.0 (Feisty) will be released and so on until the next LTS release. That LTS release will then replace Ubuntu CE v1.x (Dapper) and the cycle will continue.

God Bless, Jereme