PDA

View Full Version : Installing Ichthux desktop?

shane2peru
November 15th, 2006, 07:11 PM
When I try and install the Ichthux desktop, it doesn't work. There error in the xterm window is:
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated! ichthux-artwork-usplash ichthux-emoticons superkaramba-themem-losungen ichthux-default-settings language-selector-qt sword-text-tr ichthux-desktop
E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes

?? Just wanted to let you know.

Shane

mhancoc7
November 16th, 2006, 01:48 AM
When I try and install the Ichthux desktop, it doesn't work. There error in the xterm window is:
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated! ichthux-artwork-usplash ichthux-emoticons superkaramba-themem-losungen ichthux-default-settings language-selector-qt sword-text-tr ichthux-desktop
E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes
?? Just wanted to let you know.

Shane

Thanks, did you upgrade to v1.5? I assume you are using the Ubuntu CE Installer to install ichthux.
God Bless, Jereme

mhancoc7
November 16th, 2006, 02:03 AM
You know it sounds like you may not have the Ichthux key. The script should have added it, that is assuming you used the upgrade_me script. Could you try the following for me and let me know if it worked.

wget http://archive.ichthux.com/ichthux.asc # This downloads the key to identify the Ichthux repository
sudo apt-key add ichthux.asc
sudo apt-get update

Then run the Ubuntu CE Installer and try to install it again.

God Bless, Jereme

shane2peru
November 16th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Jereme,

Thanks for the help, that fixed it. Yes, I used the upgrade_me Script. Seemed to work fine. Thanks.

Shane

mhancoc7
November 16th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Jereme,

Thanks for the help, that fixed it. Yes, I used the upgrade_me Script. Seemed to work fine. Thanks.

Shane

Awesome, thanks for letting me know. I will retest the upgrade_me script to be sure it is working. Hopefully nothing is wrong with it and it was just one of those things. :-k :)
God Bless, Jereme

shane2peru
November 16th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Right, no problem. Thanks for the distro! I do enjoy using it.

Shane