PDA

View Full Version : Another suggestion to stop questions from being posted in Tips and Tricks

NeoChaosX
April 26th, 2005, 09:59 PM
This is mostly cosmetic stuff, but...

How about changing the order the forums are listed? Instead of having Tricks and Tips being the first section listed, make Application Support be at the top of the Hoary and Warty sections. The reasoning is that a newbie that is desperate for answers to their question will just blindly post the first forum section they can see without reading rules or such. Making Application Support the first they see would probably would cut down on the amount of questions posted in the Tricks sections.

Also, adding bold text to the description of the Tips sections that tells people not to post questions there (like what is done with the Mailing List section) probaby wouldn't hurt.

XDevHald
April 26th, 2005, 10:04 PM
This is mostly cosmetic stuff, but...

How about changing the order the forums are listed? Instead of having Tricks and Tips being the first section listed, make Application Support be at the top of the Hoary and Warty sections. The reasoning is that a newbie that is desperate for answers to their question just blindly post the first forum section they can see without reading rules or such. Probably would cut down on the amount of questions posted in the Tricks sections.

I would have to agree to this because I do notice myself, that people are often to just jump on the first one, which is mainly applications, and as we have all seen, it has mainly just been application errors for the past week or so.

Also, adding bold text to the description of the Tips sections that tells people not to post questions there (like what is done with the Mailing List section) probaby wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, and agreed as well, When I am looking for a good Tip myself, and I notice it's a question, it doesn't fit in that category for that specific forum.

Good ideas :)

NeoChaosX
April 30th, 2005, 09:10 PM
So nobody thinks this is a good idea? :-|

NeoChaosX
July 28th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Sorry to bump this back up, but:

Also, adding bold text to the description of the Tips sections [on the front page] othat tells people not to post questions there (like what is done with the Mailing List section) probaby wouldn't hurt.
Hasn't been implemented, think it would be a good idea. That, or increase the text size of the announcement in both sections.