PDA

View Full Version : Sick And Tired

Ireclan
November 12th, 2006, 04:30 AM
I am damn fed-up with the forum logging me off after what seems like only 15-30 minutes of inactivity. I am a slow typer, and sometimes it can take me as much as thirty minutes to type a really long post (which, in my view, this counts as). After typing it, I would appreciate NOT having a log-in screen shoved in my face and then being dumped back at the "Post Your Reply/New Thread" screen staring at a now-blank form entry were just a few moments earlier I had an entire post. What REALLY pisses me off is that you can't even click the "back" button in your web browser to go back and copy the contents of your post; the screen containing all my hard work just disappears. Is it really so much to ask just to have the inactivity timer changed to one hour? I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I'm sort of new to these forums.

taurus
November 12th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Relax. If you have a problem with your account, just ask an admin or one of the staff members to look into it for you. No need to be pissed or upset over it. Just so you know, I've never had this problem, logging me out after 15-30 minutes of inactive...

d3v1ant_0n3
November 12th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Is there an option somewhere in UserCp to change this? I can leave Ubuntuforums open in my browser for hours sometimes and still be active.:-k

podunk
November 12th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Is there an option somewhere in UserCp to change this? I can leave Ubuntuforums open in my browser for hours sometimes and still be active.:-k

It only seems to do it when you are in reply mode. It happens to me - get on the phone with customer or something, finish your post, click "Submit" and you're not logged in and you post is gone forever.

I started writing my replies in Kmail, then pasting them in here.

ubuntu-geek
November 12th, 2006, 04:51 AM
I changed the timeout from 15 minutes to 30 minutes. That should help.

JayTee
November 12th, 2006, 06:50 AM
I would get logged off after a short period often until I checked the "Remember me" check box next to the Username field in the login section.

Ireclan
November 13th, 2006, 01:50 AM
Thank you, ubuntu-geek. It's not as much time as I'd hoped for, but oh well. I'm sorry I got so angry, but I'm already having to deal with problems on the Linux-side of my hard disk, so when I had problems getting help with THOSE problems (ie the log-out problem deleting my plea for help), it was too much.

Ben Sprinkle
November 13th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Relax. If you have a problem with your account, just ask an admin or one of the staff members to look into it for you. No need to be pissed or upset over it. Just so you know, I've never had this problem, logging me out after 15-30 minutes of inactive...

Infact, just push the "remember me" button, I have been logged in for over 4 days, only being on this site about 2 hours a day. :)