PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST: GIB (Gnome Iconset Builder)

MetalMusicAddict
April 23rd, 2005, 03:08 PM
For people who dont know:

Gnome Iconset Builder
"GIB is a tool which takes an existing icons/images (unorganized) and generates a GNOME compliant icon theme. It properly resizes, moves and converts the icons provided in PNG or SVG format. A conversion from ICO to PNG fromat is fully supported (including the Windows XP icon format with alpha channel). The final result is a ready-to-use icon theme for GNOME. Stock icons theming is also fully supported."

http://download.freshmeat.net/screenshots/49091.png

I could get this for Warty but it never worked for me. It doesnt seem to be in Hoary repos. I have some iconsets I would LOVE to make but its a pain to manually do it. I have done that so far though I would like to use GIB. ;)

Any chance for Hoary? :)

MaX
April 24th, 2005, 12:03 AM
For people who dont know:

Gnome Iconset Builder
"GIB is a tool which takes an existing icons/images (unorganized) and generates a GNOME compliant icon theme. It properly resizes, moves and converts the icons provided in PNG or SVG format. A conversion from ICO to PNG fromat is fully supported (including the Windows XP icon format with alpha channel). The final result is a ready-to-use icon theme for GNOME. Stock icons theming is also fully supported."

http://download.freshmeat.net/screenshots/49091.png

I could get this for Warty but it never worked for me. It doesnt seem to be in Hoary repos. I have some iconsets I would LOVE to make but its a pain to manually do it. I have done that so far though I would like to use GIB. ;)

Any chance for Hoary? :)
There should be some instructions on how to get it to work on this forum...

It looks alot better than it works btw, crashes are frequent.

dudus
December 3rd, 2005, 04:31 AM
I'm looking for a tool like this one. Anyone?

MetalMusicAddict
December 3rd, 2005, 04:36 AM
Funny. I just saw you in the other thread. :)

I dont think they even have this in the repos anymore. I could never get it to work.

shidai.liu
December 7th, 2005, 06:07 AM
this tool has not been updated for over a year.

It's very unstable.

Besides, it's easy to compile yourself.