PDA

View Full Version : Great Distro

esaym
October 28th, 2006, 04:36 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I think this is a great version of unbuntu. Sadly I cant use it because I am used to kde:( I will have to work on converting myself;)

thelinux_guy
October 28th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Oh it really is a great distro,If only you could taste the greatness of gnome,youll be hooked,KDE is a good Desktop Enviorment too,its well known by many people...Ubuntu is the ONLY Linux distrobution that actully worked with all my hardware (it set up and detected everything)

P.S. If you ever upgrade to Edgy,Download the alternate Cd and use that to upgrade with,If you took alook around the forums,you will notice that people had problems upgrading to edgy through synaptic....Just to let you know...

Cynical
October 28th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Kubuntu is actually looking really nice, if only I wasnt so obsessed with the Ubuntu System Panel...

magicfab
October 28th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Mmmhh... you know you can use both quite easily ? Just install the kubuntu-desktop metapackage, and at the login prompt you can choose sessions (gnome or KDE).

Zyphrexi
November 12th, 2006, 10:06 AM
ubuntu is ubuntu whether you are running gnome/kde/fluxbox/blackbox/icewm/pure X etc etc etc.

mhancoc7
November 12th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I think this is a great version of unbuntu. Sadly I cant use it because I am used to kde:( I will have to work on converting myself;)

Thank you very much for your kind words. You can actually have KDE with Ubuntu CE. See below.

Mmmhh... you know you can use both quite easily ? Just install the kubuntu-desktop metapackage, and at the login prompt you can choose sessions (gnome or KDE).

You are right. In fact the latest version of Ubuntu CE includes an option in the Ubuntu CE Installer to install the Ichthux Desktop which is a nice Christian Distro based on Kubuntu. Then you could log into Ubuntu CE (gnome) or Ichthux (KDE).

God Bless, Jereme