PDA

View Full Version : Finding a thread

jmtjet
October 24th, 2006, 09:59 PM
A new thread moves down the list very quickly. Is there an easy way to find a new thread you have started or one you have replied to? I've tried the search feature, but that's slow. Usually, I just start searching through the threads starting at the 1st page and moving backward until I find it.

bulldog
October 24th, 2006, 10:00 PM
You can bookmark them..............:D

brash
October 24th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I always click the SEARCH link, then the option to "Find All Your Posts" at the very bottom, it's very fast & simple for me.

aysiu
October 24th, 2006, 10:02 PM
You should be automatically subscribed to threads you've posted in. Click on User CP to find those threads.

To find threads you've started, click on Search and then Find My Threads.

bulldog
October 24th, 2006, 10:04 PM
You should be automatically subscribed to threads you've posted in. Click on User CP to find those threads.

To find threads you've started, click on Search and then Find My Threads.

I have a question about this one though.

In the past you got an email about the threads you posted in.

Is this disabled?

brash
October 24th, 2006, 10:10 PM
What is yours set to under "User CP: Edit Options: Default Thread Subscription Mode" ?

jmtjet
October 24th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. I found that I must roll the page down to see the bottom of search(800X600)(old eyes :) ) and 'Find all my threads"> Problem solved. :)

mips
October 26th, 2006, 10:10 AM
The "Find all your posts" search gives you multiple results of the same if if say you posted more than once in a thread which is annoying as you have sort through them.

A better way for me is to open the advanced search and simply enter my userid in the "User Name:" field and hit enter. These results looks much better as there are no duplicates.

aysiu
October 26th, 2006, 04:45 PM
There's a difference between Find Your Threads and Find Your Posts.

mips
October 26th, 2006, 11:28 PM
There's a difference between Find Your Threads and Find Your Posts.

Correct.

IMHO find all your posts should only return one results irrespective of the fact that you might have multiple posts in one thread.

Technically speaking I'm wrong but it does kinda make sense.