PDA

View Full Version : Matthew

elpuerco
October 23rd, 2006, 10:16 PM
I have no choice to accept your decision, but did you give the same to the user who attacked me, or made the original comment regarding the plunger?

Read the thread and you will see that I side with women and was defending their situation re war etc.

It was this person, male, I presume who lowered the tone.

However as I said I have little choice here!

1 - you don't have to accept my decision. If you think I have been unjust you can bring the issue to the Resolution Center (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123) for discussion with an admin. I feel quite sure they will stand by my actions as I believe they are well grounded, but you do have an appeal process you can follow.

2 - Whether others received interactions from me in that thread is actually none of your business. The issue for which you received the infraction was the direct result of your actions and yours alone. You had a choice of how to respond to what you read. You have received warnings in the past regarding inciteful posting. The only one to point fingers at for how you post is you...no one held a gun to your head and told you to make an innuendo regarding sodomy and a plunger handle directed at another poster who used the reference in relation to something that actually happened in an abuse of power situation. Finally, on this issue, whether someone else lowered the tone or if it was you who lowered it originally is beside the point. You chose to take things further than they already had gone. You could have ignored any offense, you could have reported the other user's post(s), you could have just moved on. You didn't. Be a man and take responsibility for your actions.

3 - saying you were on the side of women in defending them in the thread is not a defense for your behavior. It's akin to saying that you because you fought off a thief with a baseball bat you are now entitled to kick your neighbor's children...in other words, there is no logical connection.

I find Matthew's response to be inconsitent of an independant impartial moderator.

He has in the past closed a thread I started based on his personal view:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=278323

Even though the back yard is for open discussion which others were participating in.

As was the case with:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=280861

Re my first infraction I apologised in the thread unreservedly to ALL members, I aplogised to the members involved via PM, I apologised to the forum moderators by PM to which I received no acknowledgement.

Re the latest infraction I did not in my opinion use bad lanuage. The user inquestion referred to the topic of the plunger happening to me. Further he decided to insult me and I responded.

You will see for the most part my threads are of humour and attempts to bring happiness/smiles to otherwise dull days.

Placing this new infraction on me which I see to be never expiring means that all my posts from now on will be verified prior to posting. This in itself is a formof censorship which in my opinion Matthew will abuse.

I fully understand you will all as moderators take Matthews side.

I understand his reasons for giving me the infraction, I do not understand now why all my posts need to be vetted first?

I find Matthews response in 2. above to be rude and in a tone not befitting an impartial moderator.

I find Matthews response in 3. to be out of order and totally injust especially with the regard to kicking a child. It is an analogy which I feel is totally out of place.

I accept the infraction, I do not accept that all my posts now require vetting.

Especially as I made a point of apologising to all concerned re my first infraction.

But I expect this to fall on deaf ears, which is a real shame!

KiwiNZ
October 24th, 2006, 12:21 AM
elpuerco

acknowledge this application to the Resolution Centre. I will review the points you have raised and will post back here as soon as possible.

KiwiNZ
October 24th, 2006, 12:45 AM
I have read the post that mathew issued the infraction for.

That post was disgusting and wholly inappropriate. It breached the Forum rules.

The infraction issued to you was a lesser sanction than I would have considered applying.

However I am prepared to offer you a period of probation. If there is no problems with posts you submit for moderator release for the next two weeks I am prepared to reduce the infraction levels to allow you to post directly. Then for a further probation period of one month after that if any posts breach the rules or require the issue of further infractions
I will readdress this issue.

elpuerco
October 24th, 2006, 01:04 AM
That post was disgusting and wholly inappropriate. It breached the Forum rules.

I disagree with this statement, but will keep my mouth shut, as to complain will get nowhere.

The infraction issued to you was a lesser sanction than I would have considered applying.

I disagree with this statement, but will keep my mouth shut, as to complain will get nowhere.

However I am prepared to offer you a period of probation. If there is no problems with posts you submit for moderator release for the next two weeks I am prepared to reduce the infraction levels to allow you to post directly. Then for a further probation period of one month after that if any posts breach the rules or require the issue of further infractions
I will readdress this issue.

Noted, understood and accepted.

elpuerco
October 24th, 2006, 11:54 AM
After sleeping on it and mulling it over I do feel the need to question the behaviour of some of the moderators.

I see from the resolution centre and from some posts that moderators are allowed to openly join in on dicussions and say their views and be confrontational to boot and when it goes a little too far they pull the plug.

Again let me make myself clear here, I am not arguing the point as to whether I should have received the infractions but I do argue that as a moderator surely you are supposed to be impartial and objective and rule accordinly.

Surely this does not mean rule and while you are at it throw in a few jibes just because you have to power to do so.

Seems a bit like double standards to me?

elpuerco
November 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Two weeks have elapsed yet my posts are still being validated?

Can you release the restriction as stated above please?

KiwiNZ
November 10th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I have reduced your infraction total to 5