PDA

View Full Version : Cancel/delete account... (no user name change)

bengilz07
October 19th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to cancel/delete my forum account? I'm aware of the procedure involved in changing one's user name, but I'm not interested in that.

If cancellation is possible, any information would be appreciated.

BLTicklemonster
October 19th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Odd. Just go to your userCP and unsubscribe to all posts and forget you came.

Or better yet, what prompted you to decide to take this course of action?

KiwiNZ
October 19th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Joined 2005, this is the only post made :confused: :confused:

bengilz07
October 19th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I promise, I mean no disrespect to the Ubuntu or Linux community. :)

I've used Dapper as my main OS since its initial release, and I've loved every minute of it. I've messed with WINE and XGL/Compiz and had great fun, etc. I'm not the most technologically savy person, but I've really enjoyed Ubuntu. However, I'm entering University and using Mac OS X now. I just need to stop for a while...

And truthfully I'm trying hard to become a more reserved/private person, and thus deleting (or attempting to delete) my old "leftover" accounts from various places on the web among many other things. It's just a personal change...

But, once again, I mean no disrespect. :KS

BLTicklemonster
October 19th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Wow. That, gentlemen is one hellofa testimonial. Dude (I reckon) registers, in case support is needed, and never once posts.

Good luck with your endeavors!!!

bengilz07
October 19th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I hope I didn't misunderstand your post, but one of the things I was attempting to imply was the amazing amount of information here at the Ubuntu forums... Any time I ran into trouble, my question had already been answered! However, I regret not thanking the many posters whose knowledge assisted me (my laptop has the infamous Broadcom Airforce 4318 chipset, and TheRaven's post concerning Ndiswrapper, etc. was a godsend/FSMsend ;), etc...)