PDA

View Full Version : KDevelop compile errors - KDE headers

Jamhos
October 10th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Hey

I'm running Kubuntu (the latest one, I suppose :P), and I tried to make my first "Hello World" program in KDevelop. But after I did Run --> Compile, I got an error saying:

checking for KDE...
configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!

I looked around a bit on the forums and other sites, and gathered that I needed the package kdebase-dev, but when I tried to install it using Adept, it said it would break stuff (it actually seems, reading the description, that this should be installed already, but my system is running fine without it, so yeah!).

Anyway, to discover what exactly what was causing the thing to break, I clicked on "Details", and it gave me a list of packages it would install when installing kdebase-dev (dependencies, I guess). I found that it was one of the dependencies that was actually causing the break - kdelibs4-dev.

So again, I found which dependency was causing the problem, and it turned out to be libarts1-dev, which in turn was having it's problem caused by libartsc0-dev. Turns out that libartsc0-dev is the one screwing everything up, but I have no idea why. I am thinking this would solve the problem, but if it doesn't, at least I might have learnt something! (That's the thing I love most about Ubuntu!).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

wieman01
October 10th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Curious... Are you or are you NOT able to install "kdebase-dev" because that's certainly what you need to do if you are running KDE & want to compile stuff. So have I.

hey_ian
October 10th, 2006, 06:53 PM
kdelibs4 is only a dummy package for kdelibs, it was added for compability with versions of KDE coming in the feature (KDE4).
This should work: In the console use sudo and type following:

sudo apt-get install kdebase-dev
sudo apt-get install kdelibs-dev
sudo apt-get install kde-devel

This should work. Do not forget to make an update before.

ckpyn
March 30th, 2009, 05:47 AM
kdelibs4 is only a dummy package for kdelibs, it was added for compability with versions of KDE coming in the feature (KDE4).
This should work: In the console use sudo and type following:

sudo apt-get install kdebase-dev
sudo apt-get install kdelibs-dev
sudo apt-get install kde-devel

This should work. Do not forget to make an update before.

I install the 3 libs in order,but kdevelop still report err message:

configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE libraries installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!
checking for KDE...
*** Exited with status: 1 ***

Then I sudo the second lib and get follow:
共升级了 0 个软件包,新安装了 1 个软件包,要卸载 7 个软件包,有 0 个软件未被升级。
需要下载 1404kB 的软件包。
解压缩后将会空出 8712kB 的空间。
您希望继续执行吗?[Y/n]n
中止执行。
:confused: