PDA

View Full Version : to the mods: there should be a FAQ section

slimdog360
October 5th, 2006, 12:03 PM
In the beginner section Im thinking. Or maybe a link to the wiki page here, the commonly asked questions section (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommonQuestions). It seems to me that people who are just coming to linux dont know anything about a wiki or anything like that, I know I didnt.
It solves many of the problems that these new people have, like fixing the screen resolution etc.

Could be a good idea.

dolphinsonar
October 5th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Agreed, although I am guessing all of the content we are posting here in a disorganized fashoin could be compiled and organized into a series of books. This could be a good way to make money for ubuntu. If you filter out all of the chaff, and hire a real editor, you might be able to come up with a decent book (just put this in the preface is all I ask).

PriceChild
October 6th, 2006, 01:23 AM
There is an ubuntu book... check out Amazon, i've read good reviews.

ubuntu-geek
October 6th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Feel free to write up a howto post and we can make it a sticky in there.

Omnios
October 6th, 2006, 10:41 PM
That sounds really good. You can also include a lot of links to stuff like the wiki entries etc as a lot of new users over look it. Also there is a know your command line commands in my signature that a lot of people have found usefull.

Edit: Thinking about this a bit and it may be possible to have a faq question and link pages to the wiki and possibly how to solutions on the forum. This format may work good as different versions may have different solutions and can be updated and maintained.