PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Firefox can't remember my password

JuanC
April 14th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Hi to all ,

I use Firefox and I love one functionality that Firefox remembers all login and passwords that i use for my websites.

But in this forums , Firefox didn't remember my password only remember my login.

I see that when i type my password and click into login , the password is cleaned and i think this is why firefox can't store it.

When this bug in the forums would be fixed ?

kassetra
April 14th, 2005, 06:20 PM
I see that when i type my password and click into login , the password is cleaned and i think this is why firefox can't store it.

Ok, first of all, it's not a bug in the Forums.

It's possibly a bug in the way you told firefox to remember your information. If you told firefox to never remember the password for this site, but yet accepted the cookie from the site, and told the site to remember you -

You would have a login screen with your name and no password each time.

To fix the problem, you'd need to remove the forum site from your list of sites in firefox and then come to the forums again, and tell firefox to remember your password.

JuanC
April 14th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Ok, first of all, it's not a bug in the Forums.

It's possibly a bug in the way you told firefox to remember your information. If you told firefox to never remember the password for this site, but yet accepted the cookie from the site, and told the site to remember you -

This doesn't the problem , I delete the site from the list and i went to the site i type the same and FireFox only remenber login i try it several times.Always said yes to FireFox store it.

Because of this , i saw that when you type the password and click into login , the password is cleaned and i think save into other variable and send to the server.

I think this is a bug , because , if the forum cleaned the password , FireFox wouldn't remember it.

kassetra
April 15th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Because of this , i saw that when you type the password and click into login , the password is cleaned and i think save into other variable and send to the server.

I think this is a bug , because , if the forum cleaned the password , FireFox wouldn't remember it.

No, it is not a bug in the forums, firefox cleans out a password if you told it to NOT remember the password.

You have to remove the site from the list of sites you've told firefox to remember passwords for, dump your cache, and then shutdown and restart firefox.

If this were a bug in the forums, none of us would be able to keep signed on.

JuanC
April 15th, 2005, 10:32 AM
No, it is not a bug in the forums, firefox cleans out a password if you told it to NOT remember the password.

You have to remove the site from the list of sites you've told firefox to remember passwords for, dump your cache, and then shutdown and restart firefox.

If this were a bug in the forums, none of us would be able to keep signed on.

But i tell to FireFox to remember it.

Have you got FireFox ?

My FireFox version is 1.0.2 and the password manager only don't remenber password in this site.

When in the preferences tab in privacy i select to show all logins and passwords , only in this site the password field is null and the login is store correctly.

I try that you say a lot of times and the password manager don't store it , i shutdown and restart firefox also.

I don't say that anybody can sign-on , i only say that you have to type it manually because the password manager don't remenber the password.

jensyt
April 15th, 2005, 11:17 AM
It happens because vBulletin uses Javascript to clear the password field right after you press either enter or "Login" (or whatever the button is).

Firefox only saves it after the input is cleared, and thus you have a problem.

lao_V
April 15th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I have no problem on saving my password for this forum in firefox/konqueror on my pc at work and home!!!

JuanC
April 15th, 2005, 11:43 AM
It happens because vBulletin uses Javascript to clear the password field right after you press either enter or "Login" (or whatever the button is).

Firefox only saves it after the input is cleared, and thus you have a problem.

Thanks jensyt , I think this is the bug.

jensyt
April 15th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I have no problem on saving my password for this forum in firefox/konqueror on my pc at work and home!!!
Do you have Javascript enabled? And just to clarify, he's trying to use Firefox's password-saving features, not vBulletin's use of cookies to remember your login.

Thanks jensyt , I think this is the bug.
I wouldn't call this a bug; I'm fairly certain it's meant to be a security feature. Disable Javascript for that one time you want to login and have it remember, and it may work. I can't make promises, though, since I'm not too well-versed in vBulletin's inner workings.

JuanC
April 15th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Disable Javascript for that one time you want to login and have it remember, and it may work

Thanks jensyt

It works the fist time i do , if the second time you have enable javascript , the password were stored as null ...

I am becoming crazy ](*,)

It so a mess that to enter to this forum , i have to disable javascript , it's more easy that the forum disable the option to clean the pass.

kassetra
April 15th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I'm using Firefox with Javascript, and I have none of those problems. It never fails to remember my password, and I never have to type either my username nor my password in.

The only time I've ever experienced this kind of issue is when the password manager list was upgraded from one version to the next. I had to manually go in and clear out all of the sites where this happened and then visit those sites again with my upgraded Firefox and tell it to remember them.

JuanC
April 20th, 2005, 03:19 PM
I saw that is not only my problem :

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=257781

Adler
September 2nd, 2006, 03:58 PM
Hi All,

I'm trying make sure that I can back-up my Bookmarks (which I can), and all my Web Site login / passwords that would also include cookies.

I'm sure that IE @ one point gave me this function, but I never seem to be able to do it w/ FF.

Backing up /Home is easy -- any ideas?

Adler

omns
September 2nd, 2006, 11:29 PM

stevieb
September 3rd, 2006, 02:31 AM
To fix the problem, you'd need to remove the forum site from your list of sites in firefox and then come to the forums again, and tell firefox to remember your password.

I have the same problem, and the above solution doesn't work- these forums are not listed in either Passwork Manager window.

Any way to add them in? There doesn't seem to be an 'add' function anywhere.
-steve

Adler
September 4th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Backing up the your ~/.mozilla folder should do what you need. To restore just copy this folder into your new home directory.

manicka,

Thanks for that, and thanks for the Welcome. I love thos guys over in SuSELand. But, it was time to move on...

Adler

slimdog360
September 4th, 2006, 03:22 PM
it works for me in all firefox's but in the new firefox2 beta2 it stores al those passwords which couldnt be stored before.

wlad0
September 7th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Check your exceptions for Remember passwords for sites. If is page in list, remove it. Edit -> Preferences -> Security

Adler
September 7th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Hi All,

I was using something a FF extension called "Foxmarks", the name has been changed to "Xmarks".

It saves all my bookmarks, toolbar, and passwords.

You can get it here (http://www.foxmarks.com/).

Best Regards,

JJMacey
Phoenix, Arizona

-grubby
September 7th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Check your exceptions for Remember passwords for sites. If is page in list, remove it. Edit -> Preferences -> Security

I think at this point he's already solved it.

Artificial Intelligence
September 7th, 2009, 10:52 AM
...and with that the thread will be closed due to necromancing (2005).

http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/142275/0/necromancer.png

R.I.P.