PDA

View Full Version : May I gripe about the layout now?

DirtDawg
September 26th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Listen,

All the people who have worked so hard to mantain these forums have done nothing but a fantastic job and a great service for all of use.

When the redesign was taking place, someone started a thread about the "avatar boxes". I'm not sure of the correct term, but the beige boxes containing the avatar, bean count, name, etc. We were told politely to please wait until the redesign was finished before making suggestions and the thread was closed.

I assume now the redesign is finished, and everything looks great. But I still don't understand the decision to move the avatar box from a nice, tight, contained block on the left of the posts, to a long, nearly empty block across the top. It seems to contain mostly wasted space and requires me to scroll and scroll and scroll...

I really can't stress enough how grateful I am to the forum staff and I don't want to sound like a malcontent. However, this feature gets to me a bit and I'm just curious why the change was made and if there's a chance it will be reversed in the future.

Thanks

matthew
September 26th, 2006, 08:14 AM
The company that makes vBulletin made the change, it wasn't by our choice. You can, however, switch to the other view by changing a setting in UserCP. Let me look and see precisely where...(a minute passes)...here we are.

Go to UserCP->Edit Profile and it's the last option at the bottom of the page.

DirtDawg
September 26th, 2006, 08:50 AM
The company that makes vBulletin made the change, it wasn't by our choice. You can, however, switch to the other view by changing a setting in UserCP. Let me look and see precisely where...(a minute passes)...here we are.

Wow! Fantastic! Not only an explanation, but a solution as well!

Thanks a ton :KS

DirtDawg
September 26th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Ahhhh, much better.

mips
September 27th, 2006, 11:38 AM
If you find the white background a bit excessive and heavy on the eyes try this:

http://userstyles.org/style/show/621
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=211360

Just improves the forum browsing experience.

Johan!
September 29th, 2006, 04:23 PM

I changed this option, and now I can see how many posts a user has.
No more 'bean count hidden':-k