PDA

View Full Version : A couple of subforum ideas

K.Mandla
September 24th, 2006, 03:14 AM
I'm sure I'm not the first to think of these, but I've noticed them elsewhere and thought them rather convenient.

1. A screenshots subforum. Rather than one month-long sticky in the Cafe, a subforum for screenshots could be fun. And a bit easier to navigate. (EDIT: Never mind. henriquemania is right. That's really what the gallery is for.)

2. A "welcome, introduce yourself" subforum. Occasionally people wander into the testimonial area and introduce themselves, which is very cool. An area (perhaps as a second forum alongside Absolute Beginners) for introductions might be fun for new people, and perhaps disarm unhappy Ubuntu campers before they flame-n-run. Goes along with the "respectful" idea of Ubuntu.

Anyway, just some ideas.

P.S.: #3. Windows subforum under Other OS Talk. I know, I know, it's been mentioned. :D

henriquemaia
September 24th, 2006, 03:41 AM
To #1:

Isn't the gallery the place for that? You can post screenshots and have discussions around them. It's quite nice.

K.Mandla
September 24th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Come to think of it, you're right. That is what the gallery is for. Scratch that one.

I'm not giving up on #3 though. :D

xXx 0wn3d xXx
September 24th, 2006, 04:49 AM
I agreen with # 2 and 3. They would be great to have. The introduction forum should go under the absolute beginner forum.

Minyaliel
September 24th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I agree. I remember missing a place to introduce myself to the community when I joined the place...