PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu CE v1.2 released!!

mhancoc7
September 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM
We have just released Ubuntu Christian Edition v1.2! We have added the GnuCash financial management software as well as the very popular Ubuntu customization tool, Automatix.

There also some smaller additions such as new Daily Bible Verse feature and a new GDM to make the look and feel of Ubuntu CE more consistent.

One of the major accomplishments with this release is the introduction of the Ubuntu CE Installer. With it users are able to easily install even more great Christian and Educational software that has been hand picked by the developers of Ubuntu CE. The Ubuntu CE Installer also allows users to restore the programs that were removed from the default Ubuntu to maintain the 700mb disk size. This installer will allow Ubuntu CE to continue to grow without the need for additional space by allowing the addition of more programs to the installer.

Ubuntu CE v1.2 is also now based directly on Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS "Dapper Drake". This means that less updates will be required after installation.

You check it out at the project site. www.ChristianUbuntu.com (http://www.christianubuntu.com)

God Bless, Jereme

kopilo
September 4th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Well done, thank you for your efforts. :)

God be with you.

warjowuch
October 16th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Nice project, nice artwork, and nice to know there are Christians developing and meeting (some) Christian needs!

seismicmike
October 17th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Hey, is there anyway that we can get it in the package repository so I can just dist-upgrade it?

mhancoc7
October 17th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Hey, is there anyway that we can get it in the package repository so I can just dist-upgrade it?

Sorry, but no. The reason that we would not be able to get it in the repos is because of some of the configurations that it has pre-configured and the fact that there is some non-open-source items such as a firefox theme that is included. You can use the Convert_Me (http://www.whatwouldjesusdownload.com/christianubuntu/2006/07/convert-to-latest-version-of-ubuntu.html) script to "convert" your default Ubuntu to Ubuntu CE.

God Bless, Jereme