PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Ubuntu

foxlance
September 1st, 2006, 07:39 AM
Hi guys!

when the official site www.ubuntu.com says free shipping of ubuntu CDs, does it mean i wont spen a single cent? cause when i ordered a SERVICE PACK 2 from a local ISP on our place for my windos PC, the mailman ask for some fee, huh.. so im asking you guys who ask for free shipping, especially those from other countries. Im from the Philippines you know, and in case that i misinterpret what "FREE SHIPPING" means, its going to cost me a lot!!:D

pyros
September 1st, 2006, 07:56 AM
I had mine shipped to the US, but there were no fees at all.

T700
September 1st, 2006, 07:54 PM
If you are shipping to the Philippines, all bets are off. Many times, packages have been sent to my wife's family and while they were fully paid in the US, certain "fees" were necessary to collect them in Cavite.

Canonical is not going to charge you a single centavo, but I think I'd have 50 or 60 pesos ready for the post office.

Paul

foxlance
September 4th, 2006, 02:20 AM
yeah thats what i was pointing. i paid some 50 pesos sor the local shipping, anyway, if thats all, then its ok.

thanks guys! :D

meborc
September 4th, 2006, 12:42 PM
thats interesting... i had mine delivered to denmark... AND estonia... both with no fees... maybe some non-american, non-european fee? :mrgreen:

hoagie
September 4th, 2006, 03:32 PM
I quess it's free, it says free shipning...:cool:

foxlance
September 6th, 2006, 02:59 AM
anyway. let me change the question..

i submitted the form on ubuntu.org - shipit. what are they going to give me?

an ubuntu desktop version?
a server ubuntu version?
a Kunubtu version?

what i like to do is like having my old greedy redhat back. i boot the system, have a desktop system and have a LAMP turned on on the services pages...

also, can ubuntu read NTFS partition, i use to have dual operating system on my PC.. i work on Windows, save some files, then load that partition on linux...can ubuntu do that also?

pyros
September 6th, 2006, 04:38 AM
You should be getting an ubuntu desktop disk.
There is support for NTFS. not sure if AMP is included on the disk or not. I know there are in the repos.

foxlance
September 6th, 2006, 11:36 AM
what do you mean by repos? repository? u mean ubuntu desktop is different from the server version? how come redhat is an all-in-one package? i hope the desktop version is capable... sigh..