PDA

View Full Version : About these forums

ardchoille
August 13th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I have been using Linux since 1999, when I threw Windows in the trash. I started off with Slackware, then moved through 17 other distros - gentoo lasted about a half an hour, lol. I liked Fedora Core but switched to Ubuntu when I found out how much nicer it was than Fedora.

Every distro has its community and that community plays a huge part in the success or destruction of a distro. The Ubuntu community, I have found, is the most open-minded and helpful community I have ever seen among the Linux communities.. and these forums are a large part of the Ubuntu community in my opinion.

I come here when I need help with something and I have always received a reply within minutes of posting a question. There are some awesome people who frequent these forums and their knowledge still impresses me.

I want to thank the Ubuntu developers for creating the best distro on the planet, the folks who created and admin these forums, and last but not least the people who spend their time in these forums helping out total strangers - that totally ROCKS!

You folks are awesome and you have my undying gratitude :)

ubuntu-geek
August 14th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Our community does rock! Thanks to the thousands of people who come here every day and make it that way.. :)