PDA

View Full Version : New! Aptana IDE

racoq
July 26th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Great html, javascript, and css IDE, here is a quote from the official website:

Aptana is a robust, JavaScript-focused IDE for building dynamic web applications. Highlights include the following features:

* Code Assist on JavaScript, HTML, and CSS languages, including your own JavaScript functions
* Outliner that gives a snapshot view of your JavaScript, HTML, and CSS code structure
* Error and warning notification for your code
* Support for Aptana UI customization and extensions
* Cross-platform support
* Free and open source. (Source available soon)

Its open-source (although its code was not released yet), and it's multi platform, Windows, Linux, Mac, and it has a plugin which supports integration with eclipse.

I think it worths trying.

Aptana Website:

http://www.aptana.com/

sas171
July 28th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Looks very nice. When can we expect this one in the repos or at least .deb?

mingster
July 28th, 2006, 08:04 PM
I'm downloading it right now...

If it's up to scratch I'll be replacing dreamweaver with it at work.

*fingers crossed*

Damn IT director put the block on me getting the company to switch from windross to Ubuntu :(

Dagur
July 28th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I tried installing from their .bin file but got this:

dagur@dagur64:~/downloaded$ ./Aptana_IDE_Setup.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
nawk: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/tmp/install.dir.11447/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I should point out that I'm using the 64 version of dapper

Virogenesis
July 28th, 2006, 09:50 PM
try installing eclipse from the repos i found it easier that way.
Thats what I did and.... well I've had it open for about 2 days

Dagur
July 28th, 2006, 10:11 PM
weird, I didn't find it in the repos.

I however had an eclipse installation and could install aptana as a plugin. Worked fine I think.

Virogenesis
July 28th, 2006, 11:17 PM
weird, I didn't find it in the repos.

I however had an eclipse installation and could install aptana as a plugin. Worked fine I think.

Thats because it ain't in the repos but eclipse is and installing aptana as a n eclipse plug in will give you the same functions plus more.

snowpalmer
July 29th, 2006, 03:32 AM
This is what I had to do to get the download of Aptana to work.

First I chmod'd the file to give it execute permissions

chmod +x Aptana_IDE_Setup.bin

Then I executed it

./Aptana_IDE_Setup.bin

It ran some stuff and then the GUI installer started. You specify the install location and it does it's stuff. Once it was complete I had to install the SWT library from the repository.

sudo aptitude install libswt3.1-gtk-java

Then I created a little shell script to start Aptana up since it needs an environment variable set.

#/usr/bin
export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/mozilla
~/bin/Aptana/aptana

I named that file aptana and put it right in ~/bin/. Ofcourse that's a directory that I had created previously and it's where I installed aptana at. I might have already had some prerequisite dependancies installed since I didn't get a problem on the initial installer.

Snowpalmer

malcolmb
July 29th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Thanks snowpalmer, I was trying to figure out a way to have the mozilla_five_home variable permanently set to the path instead of just for the terminal session. Being a noob i didn't even think of just putting it into the shell script.

Aptana so far seems to be a nice IDE and lets see where it goes.

Cyraxzz
July 29th, 2006, 06:48 AM
looks good.

Linuturk
July 30th, 2006, 03:07 AM
When can we expect to find a package in the repo's?

vdemeester
August 1st, 2006, 05:27 PM
Aptana is still at version 0.31 beta.. I don't think we could find it in the official repos since it's stable..
But in a custom user repos.. why not ?

afterxleep
October 4th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Here you go.

Testing .deb package on the way...

http://www.aptana.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=520

wladston
November 18th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Tried the repo, but it didn't work correctly with me.

Anyone knows any other repo ?? Or another package ??

On the project view, when I click to open a new file, it shows the aptana spash screen again and nothing happens .. weird ...