PDA

View Full Version : Very off topic - but need help still - web host and mail migration issues :)

idn
July 22nd, 2006, 12:19 AM
Hi

I want to switch webhosts, because the new host offers some features my current one doesnt.

I will be using the domain and email addresses - so I want to transfer my email history accoss to the new host. I currently use IMAP and the hosts web mail to handle all of my IT needs.

I dont want to backup locally, but instead want to migrate all my existing mail to the new host. Is there a way to do this? Is there a backup util for IMAP accounts which can then add the email afterwards?

I know this has nothing to do with linux, but the community round here is awesome, so i was hoping someone could help me out :)

Thanks!

GStubbs43
July 22nd, 2006, 07:16 AM
I have no idea, but isn't this better suited for the cafe or backyard and not other linux distros and os's?

RAV TUX
July 22nd, 2006, 07:20 AM
I have no idea, but isn't this better suited for the cafe or backyard and not other linux distros and os's?

agreed, moved to the backyard.

matthew
July 22nd, 2006, 12:23 PM
agreed, moved to the backyard.Sorry for all the moving. I think this thread will see more traffic in the cafe and since it isn't a political/religious or otherwise controversial debate I think it is suitable there.