PDA

View Full Version : Which NetHack monster are you?

matthew
July 20th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I found this via chickengirl's blog which she mentioned in this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=219512), so thanks, chickengirl!!

It's been a long time since I posted a silly quiz. Those of you who have been here a while know that I dig silly quizzes...and that I love NetHack. Here we go...

http://kevan.org/nethack

This is me... A floating eye (http://kevan.org/nethack?monster=floating%20eye)

..)....
...e...
If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a floating eye. I see and sense absolutely everything that happens around me. I just don't do very much about it.
NOTE: I can almost always figure out how to get the snazzy graphics to work when posting poll results. This time I couldn't. What I did was highlight the result box on the page after the quiz and pasted the text into a quote box here. For NetHack monsters that will work fine anyway. I also bumped the size up on the gameboard bit to number 7 and colored it as I wanted.

EDIT: Doh! That's because there isn't a snazzy graphic box on the original page...just colored text with a colored background. How silly of me. What I recommend above is your best bet if you want to try to reproduce the image.

slimdog360
July 20th, 2006, 03:56 PM
# |.
###e#+.
If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a floating eye. I see and sense absolutely everything that happens around me. I just don't do very much about it.

hay hay, we are the same thing.
I couldnt get the picture

BWF89
July 20th, 2006, 04:15 PM
# |.
###u#+.
|)
If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a unicorn. Most people are only after one thing - I try to maintain a quiet and respectful distance until I feel sure that I can trust someone.
If I wasn't a unicorn I'd be a floating eye

monkieie
July 20th, 2006, 04:22 PM
..)?...
...d...
If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a little dog. I'm a loyal and trusting companion, always ready to protect my friends. Even if they do feed me tripe, sometimes.

tribaal
July 20th, 2006, 04:33 PM
|..h..[
+......

If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a dwarf. I enjoy using expensive, high-quality equipment, and I'm not afraid to work hard to get it.

Doh... :)

- trib'

Kernel Sanders
July 20th, 2006, 04:36 PM
@Matthew

A blue e !!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

:mrgreen: ;)

darkmatter
July 20th, 2006, 04:54 PM
# |.
###h#+.
If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a dwarf. I enjoy using expensive, high-quality equipment, and I'm not afraid to work hard to get it.

If not... I'd be a shopkeeper

|/!+?!)
+.@?+]/
|?!!%?%
If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a shopkeeper. I'm exceptionally polite and helpful, but get angry when people try to take advantage of my trusting nature.

chickengirl
July 20th, 2006, 05:22 PM
# |.
###u#+.
|)

If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a unicorn. Most people are only after one thing - I try to maintain a quiet and respectful distance until I feel sure that I can trust someone.

Unforgiven24
September 30th, 2006, 05:22 PM
.?...|
..)u.+#
....%|

jISh
September 30th, 2006, 05:27 PM
.....!|
...h..|
../[..|

Reshin
September 30th, 2006, 05:32 PM
|..i...
+..!..!
If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a tengu. I'm always in the right place at the right time, and am quick to avoid people that I'd rather not be with.

OffHand
September 30th, 2006, 11:20 PM
|)?!)%+
+.@%/]?
|!?[?[%

If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a mimic. I can be whatever I think you need me to be - it might look like I'm here to help you, but really you're here to help me.
:mrgreen:

beercz
September 30th, 2006, 11:52 PM
..)?...
...d...
If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a little dog. I'm a loyal and trusting companion, always ready to protect my friends. Even if they do feed me tripe, sometimes.

xhaan
October 1st, 2006, 01:23 AM
|...+#
|.e.|
+...|

%hMa@?b<C
October 1st, 2006, 02:29 AM
what the dump...

.....!|
...h..|
../[..|
why do i have to be the dwarf