PDA

View Full Version : hakbak - Ultimate file backup tool for Ubuntu

hakerdefo
May 28th, 2013, 01:25 PM
You opened a file, made some changes and saved it. And later on you realized that you have made a mistake! If it was a system file then disaster awaits you! If it was some file related to your office or work then your boss a.k.a disaster awaits you!

Sounds familiar? I bet it does! this happens to the best of us sooner or later!

But worry not! 'hakbak' can help you! What on earth is hakbak i hear you say?!?

Well hakbak is a simple bash script i have pieced together that automatically create backup of a file you want to open for editing! It can be a text file, an audio file, an image file, any file! hakbak supports them all as long as your system supports them.

hakbak can also be described as your personal 'Version control system' as it creates backup of file with opening date and time stamped as an extension. So you will have multiple backups of your frequently edited file with precise time and date of modifications at your disposal.

How to download hakbak? How to install hakbak? How to use hakbak?

I have already written a blog post with complete instructions on how to download, install and use hakbak so i won't repeat them here. Just visit the following external link to my blog.
http://hakerdefo.blogspot.com/2013/05/hakbak-ultimate-file-backup-tool-for.html

I didn't write this post in the ubuntu forums for self promotion or something like that! Ubuntu being the most popular Linux distribution has the widest and most varied user-base and i want to know what members of ubuntu community think of my little backup tool.
Comments, Questions, Suggestions, Critiques are welcome!

Cheers!!!