PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] empathy not working with facebook chat

yakinikku
April 25th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Hi guys,

Both Empathy and Pidgin have seemed to stop working with Facebook chat. This started a couple of days ago. The apps are authorized and the login info is correct. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

stevesy
April 26th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Hi guys,

Both Empathy and Pidgin have seemed to stop working with Facebook chat. This started a couple of days ago. The apps are authorized and the login info is correct. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

http://askubuntu.com/questions/178793/why-does-pidgin-refuse-to-connect-to-facebook-chat

yakinikku
April 26th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Thank you for the reply, but I already found those settings. My pidgin and empathy are configured properly and hav been authorized on FB. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

To elaborate further on this, I used to see more users online, now I only see one or two at a time. I can verify that there are many more online than just one or two. It seems like something is amiss here.

dandroid13
April 26th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Yes, it's happening here too. But now I'm using FBMessenger (http://www.webupd8.org/2013/04/fbmessenger-stand-alone-facebook.html) which works fine.

tomek_wap
April 26th, 2013, 04:52 PM
@dandroid13, thank you for this link! it works like a charm!!! no more Pidgin :)

jeroenvrp
April 26th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Don't like the facebook chat. Just a wrapper of the mobile interface. It also creates a new window everytime there is a new message. Even when I close the final window, it still opens multiple instances in the background, resulting in 100% CPU all the time. AVOID. We need a Empathy or Pidgin fix, not a bad designed application like this.

tomek_wap
April 26th, 2013, 09:37 PM
My CPU load is fine.

dandroid13
April 27th, 2013, 04:59 AM
My CPU load is fine.
Yep, same here, and I don't have multiples instances running.

Baldrick_NZ
April 27th, 2013, 06:24 AM
I'm getting it too in 13.04GS. Looks like a bug, hopefully it'll get sorted sometime within the next few updates.

jeroenvrp
April 27th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Pidgin works now! Empathy not. Back to Pidgin, especially because it's now part of the messages indicator.

tomek_wap
April 27th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Indeed, it works again ... maybe some update came in which I didn't notice? I've upgraded 12.04 to 13.04 ... maybe that helped?